lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 ezgo Sport 2+2 gas throttle adjust

My 2009 ezgo Sport 2+2 (13hp Kawasaki)accelerator will turn over engine (idle) when pressed about 1/2 down. The accelerator pedal must be pushed over 3/4 of the way to get clutch to engage to move the cart. problem appears to be maybe in the pedal control box. Cables to carb appear to be good. what should I be looking for as far a linkage setup in control box? OR could it be a timing issue??
ezgoing888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2009 ezgo Sport 2+2 gas throttle adjust

I'd like to know this too. Just picked up my 2011 and it doesn't "start" unless it's almost on the floor. So 95% of the peddle does nothing but turn the motor over. I hate it.
gpshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
halla
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

2010 Custom 2+2, same issue. I did notice the cable on the rear end has a fair amount of slack in it. I wonder if this is a factory setting? I have to put it nearly all the way down to get it to move.
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You guys have found something amiss and if it is from the factory mine must have snuck through. one inch engages the starter and another makes her run. Mine has been this way since I bought it in fall of 09 and has not changed any.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
gpshemi
Getting Wild

That's how my 01 was too. The first little bit started it, and the rest made it go faster. This one is COMPLETELY opposite. All but the last inch makes the starter turn over, but it doesn't run. The last inch makes it go faster.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

NOOO......... (2009 Sport 2+2) - mine was good when I got it. This has just occurred on it own recently. give it 3/4 throttle and it just idles the engine never really engages. Last 1/4 throttle it takes off at about 1/2 speed. watched the back end of cable at the spring and it does not move the throttle until last 1/4 of pedal. cable at spring has no "slop" in it.
any ideas? I am going to dismantle throttle pedal box this weekend.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2011 ez st sport 2+2 gas with the 13 hp kawasaki. I have noticed many times, especially when run hard, that it takes more pedal to start the motor and get the clutch going. However, mine does go up to full speed. When it cools, it starts perfectly. There is a member on this site who has addressed issues on clutch tweaking for these. I am in the process of reading them and will link you to them in next post. Mine also seemed unusally fast from the showroom floor. I have not messed with it at all and it went 22 on factory tires and wheels. I've since changed them and it goes 24.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2222 004.jpg (195.4 KB, 4 views)
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks TEXAS. Mine is also the lifted 4 psgr sport model. starting cold or hot it has this issue. adjusted throttle cable months ago to up the top end some about 20 mph. Have changed tires and rims to a 10" low profile street tread.my 15 yr old son primarily drives this cart as a car, to and from school and all over town on the weekends. We are fortunate to live in a golf cart friendly city in Georgia (over 10,000 carts) . Over 100 miles of recreational paved cart paths thoughout the city.

http://www.thefix.com/content/georgi...golf-cart-duis
Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoing888 View Post
NOOO......... (2009 Sport 2+2) - mine was good when I got it. This has just occurred on it own recently. give it 3/4 throttle and it just idles the engine never really engages. Last 1/4 throttle it takes off at about 1/2 speed. watched the back end of cable at the spring and it does not move the throttle until last 1/4 of pedal. cable at spring has no "slop" in it.
any ideas? I am going to dismantle throttle pedal box this weekend.
That's exactly how my new ST Express was too. The cable didn't move. Also the throttle wasn't opening all the way either. I was going to see if there was adjustment under the pedal guarding underneath, but when I went to lower it, it's also riveted to the pan from up top under the floormat. So I'd have to take the side steps off, and roll the mat back. Seemed like a pain. So I tried adjusting the end of the cable instead. That of course gave me WAY more top end too. I could only get 9mph out of it when I picked it up. Now I can get 25mph. It actually has adjustment left too. I could get more than 25mph, but this is fast enough. Not sure where the top end is on these 13hp Kawi's. Then rip right along though.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess I will check both ends of the cable first. I know the aft end of the cable has very little if no slack in it. I did see in the diagrams that the throttle peadal box was riveted and under the mat. I do have more room to adjust top end but want to keep it at a semi-sane speed for Jr. Maybe he and his mini gear head buddies have been attempting to speed it up?? he is his fathers son.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO