lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 ezgo Sport 2+2 gas throttle adjust

I'm not sure on the ez, but I know on a cc you have to pull the mat and adjust under there to get the best tweak. You go too far and you compromise your ability to feather the throttle....as soon as it starts it's going to want to jump and go. You will have to continue to tweak at it until you get that elusive happy medium. All of these things can in turn effect the starting of your cart because of the switches that kick in etc....... I was going to mess with mine a bit but like our brother said in his posting, why? I think 24 is fast enough for me. If we all want to be really honest with each other, they aren't real stable at that speed! Mine pitches and yaws more like a bass boat than a cart! Another issue I plan to address in the near future. You'll probably have to set your cable back to how it was and go under the pan. I'm gonna look at mine tonight to see how mine can be gotten at. Once cables and linkages are out of whack....they can be a pain in the behind. Cousin to the electrical grimlins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3333 003.jpg (198.1 KB, 9 views)
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

not looking to get top end out of it. Just accurate throttle responce. Something is out of wack. Will report back with final results. gonna jump in and learn something new that I can share.
ezgoing888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking forward to what you find as I may encounter the same problem in the future. I can tell you when properly adjusted these carts will move, mine runs a steady 32 MPH with 24" tires on level ground, any faster the governor will kick in and shut me down .
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
Express in La.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

mine started doing similar... I actually jumped the wires under the pedal so it starts off the key and with some cable adjustments.. voila !!! all cleared 24 mph @ 3400 rpm.. everything i've seen says 4000 rpm hits the limiter(floats the valves)
Express in La. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #15
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

SUCCESS!!!! Here is the fix to the throttle problem. I have included pictures to help you correct this problem. Seems that the throttle cablegets too much slack in it and does not return to the correct position inside the throttle control box located under the floor mat just aft to the gas pedal. You have to 1) remove the right side kick plate, 2) roll back the mat, 3) remove the metal cover just aft of the gas pedal, 4) remove the plastic throttle control box cover. You will then see the throttle cable with the swedged end on it. It will be hung up on the forward end of the swedge on the starter switch plunger. With the park brake set and gas pedal at rest, push the cable back flush to the start activation switch plunger. You will have a bunch of slack in the cable now at the cable bracket mount at the rear of the engine. 5) adjust the slack out odf the cable. This also will affect the top end of the cart speed. You will need to adjust and drive , adjust and drive, adjust and drive until you get the proper top end speed that you desire. I also removed the cable and lubed it with some spray cable lube. the last picture in this series shows the 90 deg bend in the cable and the metal sleeve that the cable routes thru (under the cart going into the throttle control box. I think that this causes the cable to hang up. hopefully lubing the cable with help the swedged end of the cable return to its proper at rest position. Hope this helps ya. ( can only attach 5 photos, will add more when I have time this weekend...sorry) this should get you thru it though........ and yes, If you adjust all the cable slack out this cart will HAUL A$$ !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A remove passenger kick plate.jpg (196.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg B pull back mat.jpg (128.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg C remove metal throttle panel cover.jpg (102.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg D remove palstic cover.jpg (105.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg E start switch and throttle cable.jpg (82.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by ezgoing888; 06-25-2011 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: need to add more info
Old 06-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for taking the time to reply 888, With pics and all I'm sure it will be a great help to many.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
Mike's Cart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys. Good topic and nice fix ezgoing888. I've got a 2011 ST sport 2 + 2. I'm still trying to figure out the governor. How do I adjust the slack in the cable at the rear of the engine for more top speed? Do I tighten or loosen the nut on the spring side? This won't affect low end torque, right???
Thanks for the help.
Mike's Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #18
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If you are looking at the cable with the front seat off, Looking aft,throttle cable and spring is to the left, governer to the right. you want to loosen the nut towards the spring, on the spring side of the bracket. Once that is loose you can screw the back nut forward by hand towards the bracket. Once you have removed some of the slack you can tighten the spring side nut to lock the cable down onto the bracket. test drive to see if you have the top end you desire. I have not messed with the governer at all. I have more than enough speed before the governer ever kicks in. Hope that helps ya.

Last edited by ezgoing888; 06-26-2011 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: add info
Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
gpshemi
Getting Wild

I was able to adjust my slack out in the back, but I suspect you're right. It's hung up on the swedged barb. Hmm...not sure I want to mess with it. It's working pretty well as is.
gpshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
ezgoing888
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

GPSHEMI - it only take about 5 minutes to check this. After I did this It restored a greater range of throttle control back to the pedal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO