lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #21
Mustangkid2006
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Possible lightning

Yesterday evening I tried resetting the OBC, got a little movement but wasn't enough to really say it moved maybe top center of tire was at12:00 it may have moved to 12:30 if that, tahoedog I read in another thread something about sometimes if you have OBC issues the back up horn won't sound? So I checked that yesterday and it's workin what can I actually rule out by that if anything?
Mustangkid2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangkid2006 View Post
Yesterday evening I tried resetting the OBC, got a little movement but wasn't enough to really say it moved maybe top center of tire was at12:00 it may have moved to 12:30 if that, tahoedog I read in another thread something about sometimes if you have OBC issues the back up horn won't sound? So I checked that yesterday and it's workin what can I actually rule out by that if anything?
It confirms the fact that the OBC is supplying the controller with the power it needs to boot up.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #23
Mustangkid2006
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I'm guessing if it was shot it wouldn't even do that? What brand and size controller would you suggest, I use the cart around my house it has 6" lift with 22" tires I have looked at D&D and alltrax
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangkid2006 View Post
Ok it's been a few days I took the cart to a local shop, guy was a complete A** but did tell me that it's the controller, he had a "bad" controller he had taken off of a cart that wouldn't run forward but would run reverse and it done the same thing on my cart! Is it safe to say that it is the controller or should I get a second opinion? if you guys think it is the controller what brand sieve do you suggest I go with? Thanks for the help I'm new to all of and slowly trying to learn how it all works
I'm just curious... did the A** plug in a diagnostic tester? (I'm guessing not!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
Mustangkid2006
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lockman I'm guessing not, I searched online for the nearest CC dealer it is over 4 hours away so I just had to use local cart shop, not sure if he even has one! I dropped the cart off he said he would call me when he found the problem, I spent all the time I could at the Harley shop w/o goin completly broke lol so 3 hrs later I said I'm goin to see what the hell is goin on pull up he is workin on something else an laughing and carrying on, on the phone then acts like he doesn't even have time to talk or acknowledge that I'm there I was boiling
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6111 View Post
Bruce; Can you put the mov on a single outlet? What size voltage in the mov for charger and does it connect to the black and white wires? Sounds like a great ideal.
Mov's are cheap and easy to use

available at "Jameco" for about 55 cents each. part # 667059.
I took and made batches of 3-ganged together to increase "JOULE" ratings.

Then I did my entire Trailer breaker panel and the golf cart charger itself.
I have used these for many years . Had expensive HAM radio equipment and wanted to protect the entire house instead of just outlet strips.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (99.5 KB, 0 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Possible lightning

Bruce; Looks great. Can protect a lot of things. Thanks a lot,Rich
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #28
Mustangkid2006
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Does anyone have any install photos, new controller came in yesterday they also sent a 400amp fuse also have trouble of locating best place to put it
Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
Mustangkid2006
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I ordered a D&D dcx500 controller an installed it, awesome!!! Thanks for all the help guys!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car