lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Huntmaster143
Not Yet Wild

Here's a pic of my meter from scotty installed. I ordered a trim kit for it to fit into the same hole where the old analog gauge was located. Works and looks great.

Huntmaster143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Digital Battery meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshardee View Post
49 dollars for just the gauge? Looks the same as this http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-Cart-EZ...878c2d&vxp=mtr for $15 free shipping
It's crap.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntmaster143 View Post
Here's a pic of my meter from scotty installed. I ordered a trim kit for it to fit into the same hole where the old analog gauge was located. Works and looks great.
where is the pic with it actually on?? It does look good...I didnt buy the trim piece since it is going into a new dash.....fresh holes
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
where is the pic with it actually on?? It does look good...I didnt buy the trim piece since it is going into a new dash.....fresh holes
. . . he originally posted it into the wrong thread . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
Huntmaster143
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . he originally posted it into the wrong thread . . .
Who me? I posted the pic in this thread and a thread I started a while ago about a problem I'm having with my cart.

I don't have any with it turned on, but it looks good.
Huntmaster143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #16
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

is this a direct replacement for the old curtis bar meter? Or do I need to order the trim?
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
is this a direct replacement for the old curtis bar meter? Or do I need to order the trim?
Order the trim....it makes the install much smoother and it looks good too. If you don't, the hole you cut has to be SUPER PRECISE. Not so with the trim and you'll be glad you did.

Here is a pic of mine....camera a bit out of focus, but you get the idea.

Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just installed mine the other day in about an hour, without the trim. It can be done, but it just takes a little longer, and I think it makes the install look cleaner unless you have some other things on the dash with a trim piece around it. Just make sure you have some smaller files to get into the corners and file it down, took me about 15 tries of filing and fitting, but it looks clean. I will post a pic later today.
I have a question though for those that have installed this to the keyswitch. Is the wire in the diagram I posted (stole from guy on first page) to the far left going from the left side of the keyswitch to the left battery already there or does a wire need to be added there?
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Meter Diagram.png (4.5 KB, 0 views)
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
I just installed mine the other day in about an hour, without the trim. It can be done, but it just takes a little longer, and I think it makes the install look cleaner unless you have some other things on the dash with a trim piece around it. Just make sure you have some smaller files to get into the corners and file it down, took me about 15 tries of filing and fitting, but it looks clean. I will post a pic later today.
I have a question though for those that have installed this to the keyswitch. Is the wire in the diagram I posted (stole from guy on first page) to the far left going from the left side of the keyswitch to the left battery already there or does a wire need to be added there?
Thanks
That wire is already there, you just have to add the wire on the switch side to the battery meter
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car