lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default want jakes a arm on marathon"help"

well ive been looking for the right 4 wheeler to swap the front end to my marathon a while now with no luck..
im prob gonna purchase the jakes a arm for 94 and up ezgo and graft it onto my 85 marathon..
anyone ever do this? the spring mounts on the kit seem to be the same..im thinking it will just stick out in the front 2-3 more inches than the stock axle which is fine by me...anyone?
surely this will work as i can weld or fab needed parts to make it work fairly easy id think?
i was gonna spend the tax return on the helms and parts to do the 3 link rear for when i swap in the honda engine i have,but it is easy to do and can wait imo..i figure id better get the long travel front since it cost the most and should make a mayjor ride improvment of all mods im gonna do..
anyone ever dont this a arm swap on a older cart?the frame and front plate seem very similar to the newer carts to me,,thanks,john
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: want jakes a arm on marathon"help"

well after never finding a older cart with a jakes long travel i bit the bullit and ordered the long travel pt#6209 and a pair of 2 inch spacers..i will get a 4 bolt steering collum and go at it and see what needs modified to work
as you guys are no help what so ever lol
will be in my build thread,not here
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool!! the beast way to do a project.... is to just DO IT! Reading about it is fun and all,, thinking you have see enough on a forum to do the "right" way it is kinda helpful at times.. but at the end of the day ya just gotta dive in your self!

But I must say......

Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

pics in build thread lol..i thought maybe i should start a "long travel jakes on a marathon thread"for others but this thread should be fine..
ive searched the web like crazy and cant find a single old ezgo from 87 and under with a jakes grafted onto it.youd think there would be many..
and yes,some dream of doing it and keep dreamin,,and then theres us crash test dummy fabricators with a will to be different
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
ive searched the web like crazy and cant find a single old ezgo from 87 and under with a jakes grafted onto it.youd think there would be many..
Why? As the years tick by, those carts are seen less and less.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thats the exact reason i like the old metal body cart,,even tho i see a lot here in fla..i can get a newer body for 100 bucks..i may get the cowl someday depending how it looks with what i have now after im done with the front lift.
just would have thought there would be a few carts out there with long travel lifts that dont belong i guess..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO