lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Headlight issue DIM!!!

So the lights are stupid dim and barely come on. I bought new 12v small lights from walmart for aftermarket. The tail lights are nice and bright, but when I disconnect the tail lights and connect the new head lights, the new ones are dim as well.
I do have a voltage reducer.
Is there a way to run 12v to a switch to the new head lights straight from the batteries?
del50man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Headlight issue DIM!!!

Voltage reducer may not put out the required amps your lights require? Check the output amp spec of the reducer and input amp spec of the lights. I'd start there. You can run straight from batteries, but you risk draining those two batts faster than the rest of the pack (36 volt cart), eventually causing an imbalance of individual battery voltage. Your battery pack after charge settles to the voltage of your weakest battery. The others try to equalize to it, eventually bringing the whole pack voltage down. You could install a smaller 12V battery and power your accessories from it, charging it separately. Then you wouldn't need the reducer or damage your battery pack. I've heard of running 12V light on 16V (48 volt cart), but same battery scenario. The lights are definitely bright, but you burn the incandescent filament in half the life expectancy. LED lights are voltage specific and very picky about it. Sounds like you have a 48V cart. I'd do the separate battery. I did. Ran 10ga + and - to a negative bus bar and positive switch panel in dash area. Ran all the goodies from there. Have fun. Good carting.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car