lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Cart-Er
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 cycle what oil

I see in the owners manual that it calls for E-Z-Go 2 cycle oil. All the 2-cycle oils I have (Lucas, Stihl, Poulan, etc...) state that they are for 50-1 ratio max. I have been unable to locate a place to source some E-Z-Go brand 2-cycle oil. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what to run, or what oil you have had success with. The cart came with an empty bottle of Kawasaki 2-cycle oil, but I would like to make sure I am not using the wrong produce, or over-thinking this also.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Cart-Er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
milabu69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 cycle what oil

I use Walmart brand. Never had a problem. I think any 2 cycle oil for air cooled engines will be fine. Most members here mix it 128:1. 1oz. Per gallon.
milabu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #3
sbklf
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Wondering myself. The previous posters opinion seems very common in fact that is what I have used for years. However, now that I am rebuilding my engine (not because of an oil failure) I thought I might look into it a little more. Didn’t dig into this too deep but some points I see mentioned: Low ash, no ash or no mention of ash? Synthetic, semi synthetic or conventional? API TC, JASO-FC ratings? Oil injection or pre-mix? Air cooled or water cooled? Apparantly the ash content has to do with how much smoke it creates, didn’t see Syn, Semi-Syn or conv. pros-cons, seems either of the ratings are desirable (I learned the W in TC-W designates for water cooled engines). I found articles for ultralight rotax engine use but not much for two cycle golf carts. One convincing ultralight article says the conventional Pennzoil 2 cycle oil for air cooled engines is widely used with good results.

I purchased the Lucas semi-synthetic from Oreilly for about $10.00 (qt.) but have one concern. It is low ash, has both ratings, is ok for air cooled and can be used as pre-mix but states “Good for ratios up to 50:1”. I plan to mix it at 1.5oz per gallon (85:1) based on a post I read on this board. The only oil I find that specifically states to be good for 100:1 is the Amsoil Saber Synthetic and on their site they state: SABER Professional is specifically designed for handheld pre-mix two-stroke power equipment including, but not limited to, chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, brush cutters, edgers and shredder vacs.
sbklf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #4
Cart-Er
Not Yet Wild

Exactly what I was wondering as well. I have used the Lucas semi-synthetic in my dirt bikes and atv's. I use the synthetic Stihl oil in my trimmers and chain saws. But since they both recommend only mixing up to 50:1, I was curious if there was some special properties that make it the best product for a ratio of 128:1.

I'm sure that the previous owner of the cart mixed it much stronger than 128:1, so I just want to make sure that I get the best product for the next fill up.

I saw a couple posts about Amsoil, so that was the oil I was thinking about getting.
Cart-Er is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO