lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Top End?

Alright Ladies and Gentleman it's been awhile since I've had issues and since the cart is not here I figured I'd get opinions before I tore into it. 1987 Ezgo. Lifted if that matters. Rebuilt top and botton spring 2013. self mixing at 80:1 (just to be safe) Running strong last fall until I made the mistake of letting about 12 kids have free reign for about 5 hours. They brought it back still running but said that it seemed to lose power. No backfires that I was told about. Stored it all winter. Got it out, wouldn't fire, did HEI conversion. Fired up and revved out on the jack stands. Put it down and a buddy can hold it in place. Jacked it back up and it revs out. Noticed mixture screw was missing from the carb while giving it a cleansing. Put on New carb. no noticeable difference. did compression test and it shows 90 forward and reverse. haven't checked crank seals. I'm pretty sure that if it revs out on the stands but not under load I'm headed for another top end especially with it being at 90. Does have to be choked currently to get it to run. After moving it around awhile choke is no longer needed. What I wanted to run by you is would crank seals give it a misleading low compression number? I know I'm probably just having wishful thinking but hey a guy can dream right? Also while I have you your attention I wanted to double check and make sure that with the HEI conversion that the spark plug gap stays the same? I thought I read on here somewhere that maybe the gap needed altered. Thanks in advance!
felber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Top End?

Crank seals could cause some loss of mix to the top end, but not 40lbs, typically.
Looks like a bore job is in order. Manual calls for one step richer for hard use. Screw may have let air in, ran lean, hurt it.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Top End?

Thanks for the advise. It was exactly what I expected to hear.
felber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO