lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
jonny2guns4u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 TXT Driven Clutch

Hello All,

NEWB here...

I bought a used 2010 TXT in early Spring and everything seemed GREAT. I love the cart. Last week I was cruising down the Road when it started making a terrible noise. I got it home and went searching the Web. Many said Brake Drum Splines. I did all the Diags and knew it wasn't that. So I got to looking where the noise came from. Yep Driven Clutch!

Here is where my frustration starts. I looked on the Web and called several places and I am told "Oh, these clutches are known to be bad. Kawasaki quit making them. The Keeper eats up the end of the shaft and the clutch explodes. Well this was exactly my issue. The Snap Ring came off (Because the Splines were worn where the Snap Ring seats) and the Ramps ate up the ends of the Buttons. I'm told I have to replace both clutches."

So I call the place where I got the Cart. they say we can get just the Driven but it's $600+ or I can sell you BOTH the newer style at my cost for $450+/-. Which I thought was actually a nice thing to do and at a decent price. Then I found a used one on eBay for $115. But who knows what you are getting with that right? Could be just as bad as mine. Then finally I found one at Everything Carts for $249 with free shipping minus 10% with online coupon code. $225 Shipped! Great I say. Well I called them and talked to their Sales guy and tell him my tales of whoa. He tells me I sell these all the time as a direct replacement. I'm scared so I call their Tech Guys. They say the same thing. Direct Replacement. However when I get it delivered it doesn't look like it's going to work. I'm trying to get in contact with their Tech Guys again but I thought I'd ask you guys as well.

Here is my NEWB Question.
Anybody have any experience with this clutch? It's not the same size. I don't think the belt will go on. The circumference is larger and I don't think there is any way I can get the belt on without damaging the Belt. Second thing is, it doesn't look like the belt will be aligned even if I get it on. It looks as if the new Driven Clutch sticks out further. My fear is, that's why everyone is saying you have to replace BOTH Clutches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3651.JPG (146.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3652.JPG (142.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3653.JPG (145.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3654.JPG (192.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3656.JPG (190.2 KB, 0 views)
jonny2guns4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #2
jonny2guns4u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 TXT Driven Clutch

Anybody?
Old 08-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jonny,

Welcome to the board first of all!! And second I haven't had any experience with the newer carts but if you can hold on just a lil while there are a lot of guys on here that will be able to assist you with your problem. Alot of the guys aren't on the east coast so it's gonna be a while before they get online.

Just be calm, they will show up sooner or later. I wish I could help you but just hold tight help will show up.

Again welcome to BGW!!!!!
guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
jonny2guns4u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well let me tell you all the progression of my situation.

I got ahold of the Everything Carts Tech Guys today. After talking to him and sending my pictures he said, you have the older smaller Driven Clutch. This Clutch is bigger and will need a longer Belt. You need part number 50466.

Well guess what. Everything Carts and several other websites are out of these Belts. Everything Carts say backordered until August 31! However most sites say this part number is a replacement for the O.E.M. 618630. So I email Ray back and ask him, can I use a 618630 if I can find one? His answer was the 50466 is the replacement for the O.E.M. 618630. So I found one on Amazon Prime (I'm a Prime Member) guaranteed delivery in two days.

Let's hope it works. BTW, I'm still curious if anybody else has been through this and what you did to solve the Kawasaki Driven Clutch failure situation.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #5
jonny2guns4u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm guessing this subject is just another NEWB beating a dead horse but I have done many searches and can't find a definitive answer. Either everyone is enjoying summer or nobody in the world has run into the same situation before.

Will the Newer Style Driven Clutch and Belt work with the Older Drive Clutch?
Old 08-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
09MPT1200guy
Getting Wild
Cushman

I have an 09 EZGO and just recently upgraded to new clutches. I found them on shopezgo website. They had a special around July 4th for 20% off. They sell the package of both clutches and a new belt for around $400, $320 with the discount. They were back ordered and took a few weeks to arrive. My old driven clutch still worked pretty well. I probably really just needed a new belt. I really like the ride now with the new clutches, feels like it will climb anywhere that I have traction. I can send my old clutch to you, if you like.
09MPT1200guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
jonny2guns4u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks so much for the offer!!!

I'm just afraid I'm too far down the Rabbit Hole to turn back. I've already got a new Driven Clutch at $224 (@ Everything Carts) and the New Belt at $62 (@Amazon). And I'm not sure if I can return them. Although neither of them have been permanently mounted up. So I'm afraid I'll just have to get a New Drive Clutch ($260 @ Everything Carts) to match what I've got. Much more then either of the prices you've mentioned here. Sounds like I would have been better off to swap out the entire thing from the get go. The thing I'm disappointed with is that I asked the Sales and Support Staff if it would work. I was told yes every time. Even after sending them pictures.

IDK, It looks like Everything Carts and Amazon have some pretty good return policies. Maybe I'll just try to send this stuff back and see what I can get the entire kit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09MPT1200guy View Post
I have an 09 EZGO and just recently upgraded to new clutches. I found them on shopezgo website. They had a special around July 4th for 20% off. They sell the package of both clutches and a new belt for around $400, $320 with the discount. They were back ordered and took a few weeks to arrive. My old driven clutch still worked pretty well. I probably really just needed a new belt. I really like the ride now with the new clutches, feels like it will climb anywhere that I have traction. I can send my old clutch to you, if you like.

Tags
clutch driven, txt ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO