lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: adjust carb

The hose at #13/#15 is a bowl vent/overflow hose, it should go down to a hole in the frame, or just hang to the ground,
before hooking it back up, blow in it to make sure that it's not plugged with debris!

The fuel mixture screw adjustment is only for proper idle, or low speed performance,
once the engine gets to about 1100 RPM's, the main jet takes over from there,
so... if your cart doesn't idle, you shouldn't have to worry too much about adjusting them.
(again... 1 turn out, and halfway!)

If the engine shuts down at full throttle in maintenance mode, it sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in and doing it's job!
Take it for a ride at full throttle and see if the rev limiter kicks in under load, if it doesn't, you should be good to go!
If it does kick in, readjust the accelerator rod out for a little more pedal travel (1" to 1 1/2"), and retest.

Note: The rev limiter does just what it's name says it does,
if the engine over revs, the limiter will shut of the spark to the coil, effectively shutting off the engine,
once the RPM's come back down within the specs, the limiter turns the spark back on.
IF... you run at full throttle, and the engine shuts down... fires up... shuts down... etc.,
This is referred to as "bouncing off of the limiter", and it isn't good for the engine! (and the backfiring is annoying!)

Here's the service manual for your cart if you don't already have one!

>>> 95-96DS-MS.pdf

Hope this helps!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #12
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Your good help. By making these adjustments, am I gaining speed or power or....?
shootrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootrig View Post
Your good help. By making these adjustments, am I gaining speed or power or....?
No high speed, just a smooth running engine at "putting" speed. (5 mph or less)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #14
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the good help - gotta take my boy to Shoot Class.
shootrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:12 PM   #15
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
The hose at #13/#15 is a bowl vent/overflow hose, it should go down to a hole in the frame, or just hang to the ground,
before hooking it back up, blow in it to make sure that it's not plugged with debris!

The fuel mixture screw adjustment is only for proper idle, or low speed performance,
once the engine gets to about 1100 RPM's, the main jet takes over from there,
so... if your cart doesn't idle, you shouldn't have to worry too much about adjusting them.
(again... 1 turn out, and halfway!)

If the engine shuts down at full throttle in maintenance mode, it sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in and doing it's job!
Take it for a ride at full throttle and see if the rev limiter kicks in under load, if it doesn't, you should be good to go!
If it does kick in, readjust the accelerator rod out for a little more pedal travel (1" to 1 1/2"), and retest.

Note: The rev limiter does just what it's name says it does,
if the engine over revs, the limiter will shut of the spark to the coil, effectively shutting off the engine,
once the RPM's come back down within the specs, the limiter turns the spark back on.
IF... you run at full throttle, and the engine shuts down... fires up... shuts down... etc.,
This is referred to as "bouncing off of the limiter", and it isn't good for the engine! (and the backfiring is annoying!)

Here's the service manual for your cart if you don't already have one!

>>> Attachment 136356

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this post I have a 97 gas club car and I have downloaded several service manuals and this one has a different set up for the adjustments of the carb. that work great on my cart the difference is the pilot screw my other manuals say to tighten thumb tight and back out 2 turns and the throttle to start at closed this manual says 1 turn out on pilot screw my cart likes that adjustment
81 First is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car