lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
chipround
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 club car fe290, no 12v power at key switch

I am not getting any 12v at the key switch. Using a dvm, I have checked all of the fuses in the control box, 1 10a and 3 20a and they all are good, if they are getting a good connection that is another question, but does anyone know what fuse is for what. i have gotten all of the micro switches replaced and in order now, and as long as i add 12v to the back of the key switch or the blue wire terminal when pressing the gas pedal with the shifter in forward or reverse the engine will spin over. short of re-running a fused wire, any suggestions?

Thanks,

David
chipround is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92 club car fe290, no 12v power at key switch

If it's stock (and that's a big "if" on a 24 year old cart) the 10 amp fuse should be the ignition. If you've got the dvm have you confirmed battery + at the fuse panel? with the fuse out can you run a temporary jumper between the terminals in the fuse panel? Do the other accessories work? With all those fuses it must have lights, horn, etc,
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #3
chipround
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 club car fe290, no 12v power at key switch

Thanks for the guidance, wound up being corroded terminals on the fuse box, once I cleaned them up a bit, and verified power at the switch, dug a little deeper, removed the switch, disassembled and the contacts were corroded as well, cleaned them up and everything is working. now continuing trying to get this thing running....David
chipround is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car