lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
aven2rus
Not Yet Wild

Default Ground Wire Smoking at Magneto

Yamaha G1 cart - When I hook the positive cable up the ground wire starts to smoke at the Magneto and the generator begins to move very slowly.

I have opened the entire harness, fixed any open wires, verified all multiple point ground connections in the harness are solid connections, relocated the ground from solenoid to a good surface and replaced both the pos and neg cables.

Also verified all the wire locations are correct to the schematic I found here on the site.

Not sure where to go next.
aven2rus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
aven2rus
Not Yet Wild

Default Ground fuse blowing

Could this possible be an internal short in the generator/starter energizing the grounds?

I did do the check on it using small wire alligator clips with everything disconnected and it ran in both directions.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
aven2rus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ground Wire Smoking at Magneto

So after further review of the wiring diagram I find I placed a series of grounds opposite side of the fuse same as the solenoid wire. The diagram shows the fuse only for the ground to the solenoid. Others on beyond fuse on their own.

Also found the fuse blown.

Corrected still and as soon as I make contact with the positive post the fuse blows.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
aven2rus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ground Wire Smoking at Magneto

Removed the generator to find the prior person who installed new brushes left one with the copper wire against the housing. Explains why nothing was hooked up and all the burn wires I have repaired.

Up and running but won't move so starting the next post
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha