lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2016, 11:56 PM   #1
ml504
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 G20 Question

I was given a 2001 Yamaha G20 gas cart with the two bench seats. Based on what I was told it only needs a new starter generator which I ordered today. Once cleaned up, the cart looks brand new almost. I already have a Polaris side by side so I'm really looking to sell this one. I've looked on Craigslist locally to try and determine a value but cannot find any that have for sale. Can anyone give me an idea what it is worth? Also, would it be better if I did a lift and tires if it would help to sell it?

The picture was before I cleaned it up.

Thanks for any info,
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0306.jpg (194.6 KB, 0 views)
ml504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 G20 Question

I don't know a good price. That cart is fairly uncommon, but not super "rare". I did one of those with Jake's long travel & a Honda V-twin & it was a Cadillac ride. I think if you did a long travel kit + tire/wheel swap and took it to the race track, people would be tripping over themselves to buy it from you as a track run-around vehicle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
ml504
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. Are there other engines that fit easily? Just asking when I saw you had mentioned a Honda vtwin.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Vegas carts have kits
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I do not really trust it would be beneficial to make any change and invest yourself.

IMHO, between the part cost and your time, the increase in value will not worth it; plus the chance of troubles you can face..

The buyer will make the exact changes he will wish, easier for everyone
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #6
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Where are you located?
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #7
ml504
Not Yet Wild

I'm in Louisiana. So I got the new starter generator installed tonight and I obviously have something backwards.....in quick testing it goes backwards when in forward gear and forward when in reverse. I'm guessing this is just swapping one of the cables on the starter?
Old 11-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Nope, if the engine starts & runs, it's turning the right way. 4-cycle engines don't run backward (unless you feed a fuel supply up the exhaust). The shift cables could be flipped. Shift cables would be easiest to fix it just behind shifter handle.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
ml504
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, I should have clarified...once I saw the dir cation it wa spinning I stopped it from cranking. I was able to move the wire on the starter and now it works correctly.

This is the first time I've driven or been around a gas cart. Is it normal for the first few seconds that the engine is louder and it goes faster before getting quieter and a little slower? I wish it would be the same speed as when it first starts up.

Thanks again for the help thus far....
Matt
Old 11-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

That's normal. The clutches are "continuously variable", meaning they change their ratios based on speed & load. If you want to keep the rpms higher, consider a Umax spring for the rear clutch (helps a bunch for lifted cars). The Umax spring was used in the factory lifted carts to help them keep the power up. And it's cheap, less than $15.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha