lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 DS flooded by salt water

That solenoid is probably bad. Does it click?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Your harness, motor and controller will be suspect for sure. Along with any micro-switches or other electronics.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:31 AM   #13
buggypilot
Not Yet Wild

Thank-you for the replies. Wanted to update everyone. I got it running!! Yeah. While doing the MCOR upgrade one of the harness plugs wasn't completely inserted. Found a good educational/troubleshooting youtube video called "48 Volt Club Car Diagnostics." I used it to track down trouble spot. One other question. I did a Jake's 6 inch a-arm lift kit front and rear with my grand-son this weekend and now the front is noticeably higher than the back. Is that normal? We reused the old stock leaf springs. Should we of gotten new HD springs?
buggypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Usually you will flip the springs to the top of the axle to lift it proportionally. There are usually some saddles to perch them on.

And HD springs will do that too.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #15
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Replace the main wire harness, the V-Glide Multi-Step potentiometer needs to be replaced with an MCOR. I wouldn't trust it after it was submerged in salt water. The OBC should be fine. It's sealed and I've never seen one damaged by water before. I recommend the Admiral MOT-A1 motor with an Alltrax XCT500 controller, a heavy duty F&R switch, and 2 gauge cables. This is an incredible setup. All of this is based on the assumption that you have a series car, as most 2000s are.. But it's possible you may have a Regen 2. Do you have a tow/run switch under the seat? Let me know. I'll tell you exactly what you need down to the last zip tie. And as for Irma, she sucks. My wife and I were on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and Irma caused all kinds of problems for us. Nothing of course like what the Florida residents experienced, but I still hate Irma. Glad you are ok. Let me know what you've got and I'll be glad to help.
If you want to upgrade as well as just getting it going, I hope you took David up on his offer of help. There's no-one better to have in your corner! You'll get good prices on the components from him also.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car