lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
Mikewhit
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default CC DS F&R switch hanging in reverse

New to carts, I purchased a AQ0247 Club cart knowing it would need batteries. After I installed 6 new 8 volt batteries it did fine for a few days as I went through the conditioning phase of run it for 15 minutes or so and then full charge. I had some mildew stains in the seats when I got the cart and yesterday, mixed up some Purex and water to scrub them up. Cleaned them, rinsed well, dried and vinyl conditioned them and took it out for another 15 minute run, when I got back to my carport and backed it in I got a little close to my saw table and flipped it over to forward and it wouldn't move. I messed with it flipping the switch a few times and turning the key off and on and it finally moved forward. This morning I got on it and took it for a short run and when I stopped at the porch it wouldn't go to reverse and then wouldnt go forward. Now the backup buzzer stays on unless the tow switch is on....even with the key off. I've looked to replace the F&R switch because it doesn't seem to be changing and would like to get a heavy duty so when I do upgrades later I won't need to change it again but am getting a little confused as to what switch I need. Oh yes I also removed the flip switch at the seat and disassembled it to make sure I hadn't gotten water in it but it was dry and the contacts looked good. Any part number or help getting the correct switch would be appreciated. Would prefer to purchase from a site sponsor if possible. Thanks Whit
Mikewhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
Mikewhit
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC DS F&R switch hanging in reverse

Forgot to mention, when I replaced the batteries I built all new 2g cables. I've always built my own winch, battery and welding cables so feel confident about those.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The rocker switch may be bad or the contacts may just be corroded. Pull the switch for cleaning or more testing.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here is the drawing for your IQ cart. The Orange is the power wire for directional control so if you remove the switch and jump the Orange to Blue and drive it, then Orange to Brown and drive it, you should have normal direction capabilities. If you do not, we could have a controller problem....

Note- Be sure to flip the switch to Tow anytime you are working on the cart and then back to Run when you are ready to operate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_club_car_ds_iq_mcor.jpg (510.2 KB, 0 views)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #5
Mikewhit
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the advice, I did pull the rocker switch and check it. I was reading last night and realized that when I built the battery to controller cable I had routed it around the OBC......now I understand about the hall effect. I'm going to fix that and go from there, like I said, new to carts and still learning. Again thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car