lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2018, 08:29 AM   #1
tony_g51181
Not Yet Wild

Default Just purchased a 85 CC DS 36volt

So I just purchased a 1985 Club Car Ds electric 36 volt cart from someone for 200 bucks, no batteries as of yet, so no way to even know if it works but I planned on totally having to build a cart to my liking so I figured it would be a good start! Any info as too what motor I would need to have a 20-25 MPH cart would be greatly appreciated along with other insight! Also I have someone giving me some wheels however I am sure they are too big for a factory height, as they are I think 12" wheels so what lift kit should I get! Thanks again!
tony_g51181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just purchased a 85 CC DS 36volt

Welcome to BGW. 12" is a rim size. Various height tires can be put on 12" rims. The tire height is the determining factor in what size lift will be needed. !8" tires are stock and 19.5-20s fit most stock carts.
Do a lot of reading before you commit the cart to 36v instead of 48 volt operation. And look into solid state conversion, the old resistor coil drive system is outdated.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
tony_g51181
Not Yet Wild

Yea my brother in law has worked for Club Car in Augusta for 20+ years and he mentioned it was an older resistor type cart!! Foreign language to me, however I understand that for what I am wanting it might be a good avenue to explore now and go 48 volt. the wheels has 50 series tires if that makes any difference , do you know a rough estimate the cost associated with switching a cart from 36 to 48? and what all parts need to be swapped out? thAnks
tony_g51181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a 1984 resistor cart 100 dollar boneyard special it has the 5 solenoids I bought a d&d 36 volt motor everything stock including the tires with the old resistors it will go over 20 mph and upon take off If in gravel will spin the tires.I was going to upgrade to a motor controller but works very good as it is.I did upgrade to #4 cables.I haven’t gps it still working on the body but for the money buying the motor was better then buying a motor controller setup.On there site the motor is rated for 24 mph and not recommended for 48 volts dangerous they claim.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

I put a 1985 36volt motor in
my 48volt 1999 DS, last year.
Went From 12 mph to near 20 mph.
Good torque on hills.

So upgrading it to 48v , :)
....need
48volt solenoid, controller... for starters.
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car