lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #21
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: What kind of cargo bed is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
it's not a screaming bright color that only a mother could love. But something subdued, nice, and tasteful.
I agree.

I am kind-of the opposite. I really like the bright green.
(Not trying to Hijack ... just carry a conversation.)
This is somewhat of what I have in mind for my ParCar:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...ml#post1662013
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2019, 07:41 PM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Honestly, I'm the same way. But most people arent. Super bright colors of things have a harder time to sell than subdued tones.

Youd love my toolbox. I sold it a while back becauae it took up too much space in the garage of the house we lived in at the time, but it was a mac tools macsimizer box that was huge, neon green with black drawer pulls and trim. Back when I worked at the car dealership my box glowed in an otherwise dark and dull dungeon we called a shop.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #23
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Buddy of mine had a Macsimizer tool box with a slide-out top in neon green. I had to help him move it... twice.
*** that heavy **in tool box.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #24
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

I'm a cheap ba*****. I just have two of the 56" Harbor Freight boxes. Heck ... for under $900.ea, I have not one complaint and a few $$$ in my pocket.
One guy at work has one. They are nice, but I don't think that they are worth the money they want for them. I don't think they are worth half that, for something that just sits there and holds my tools.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #25
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Wow .... my bad ... we have gotten WAY off subject.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:27 PM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb713 View Post
Wow .... my bad ... we have gotten WAY off subject.

Lol happens to us all!

I liked the big neon box, but it was so big and deep that I couldnt fit my car in the garage. So it had to go. Honestly I just (a couple weeks ago) sold my toolbox I bought to replace it and I've since gone to a couple harbor freight roll carts. I bought the first one a couple years ago, and I'm about to move across the country. I realized that 99% of the tools I use regularly are in that cart. I almost never go into the big box. So I cleaned it out (most of it was trash lol) and bought a 2nd roll cart for the actual "tools" that were in it. Mostly just because it's big, top heavy, and I dont want to move it. Roll carts are easy.

Getting back slightly less off topic the old ugly DS runs great. It had a nasty noise i was having a hard time pinpointing. I remembered welding the crack in the muffler that occurred because someone removed the muffler support. I happened to have a spare one but didnt think about the clamp. Used 2 band clamps together to make 1 big enough to hold it down, noise gone. Nice and super quiet now. Runs like a dream. And I swapped the bedliner body over to make this a nice yard cart. It's certainly not fancy or smooth (I removed the counterbalance weight when I rebuilt the motor so it's got a bit of extra vibration at low rpm) and installed an old utility bed on it. Perfect farm or yard cart now!

The bed had no tailgate, but I had a cargo net laying around. Fit perfectly. Works as a tailgate when it is up, and when you don't want it, it zips out of the way. I really like how this one turned out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191017_235418.jpg (243.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191017_235457.jpg (202.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb713 View Post
Now WE know why you didn't show it.

Make it Pretty again ..... Please!
Same body from the ugly green flame job, but on my other cart. I think it's a lot better now

Next weekend it's gonna all come apart, I just wanted to get an idea of how it looked installed :) I need to rebuild the motor; it runs awesome but smokes a little bit. I wouldnt feel right selling a cart with a smoking motor regardless of how well it runs. Already got the parts from mr. Hicks While the motor is out, the hack job rear suspension HAS to go. It sways more than a v hull. Already have new rear lift kit to do it RIGHT and new bushings all around as well. Already replaced all the worn bushings in the front. It will Be a lot easier to cut the old crap off in the rear when the motor is out. Then paint the roof supports black, and I'm undecided between painting the roof black, or paint it to match the body. I'm leaning towards black for the contrast but I've got plenty of pearl left over to match the body if I wanted to... it I think it would look better black. And yes, 2 of the tires are on backwards. Not my doing

With the way this is turning out, I may buy a back seat for it when I'm ready to sell it, because I still really like this bed. After I move and find a cart I'm going to keep I may want to keep this bed for that lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191019_172117.jpg (469.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191019_172129.jpg (507.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191019_172139.jpg (534.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #28
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

In the pictures, that roof if close enough to the body color to tell you go either way with the roof. I think body color on the top and black on the underside would work.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

In person the roof is quite a bit lighter shade. Plus the clear coat is peeling on the top, it needs to be stripped back to plastic and repainted either way. I may get a can of black and spray over the top of it before I do it, just to see what it looks like and make my decision from there
Old 10-20-2019, 07:22 AM   #30
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

CP, as always cart is looking good and you just have 4 passenger side tires But think of it this way, you will have good traction in forward and reverse
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car