lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Powerdrive charger

Hello. Everything says to leave a cart plugged into powerdrive charger all the time. I think it's a "tender". Is there any benefit to plugging it in after first few short rides in a few weeks (52-49v)since it won't even cut on til sub 48v. It really kills me to plug in and hear nothing. Or is it for 4 months vacations?
Thank you
Kirylaufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive charger

I do not clearly understand your question, but a Powerdrive Charger works off the OBC. It replenishes energy units as you have used them. It replaces 110% of what you used.

It will come on anytime you plug it in unless there is a problem with the OBC. If you drive it to the mail box and back, plug it back in. It will turn on, top off the pack, and shut off.

The reason it is recommended to leave it plugged in is there is a Maintenance Charge that will be triggered by the OBC every 14 days.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #3
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Holy cow. I asked right place. I'm still get real sore when my charger doesn't cut on when I plug it it. I know all too well it won't cut on at 47 ever so I could see if I was doing it right. I also know it won't come on until below some voltage in the 30's. I'd love to use it stock but every time I try to unjump it I mess up. I reaatach black from controller to back of shifter eliminate solenoid ground and replace with yellow wire. Am I missing the easy one? Solenoid clicks strong but nothing. Thank you for helping
Old 01-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Anything at the obc?
Old 01-12-2020, 12:00 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Can you please state the best representation (details) of your current problem? From there we will surely try to help you.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #6
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry for being unclear. My minds flying after cartwork. I think you answered my question if you say after any ten min drive the charger should cut on. It does not. From testing previous working batteries also will not cut on to charge unless below 45 volt. Thank you for helping
Old 01-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry nole, I missed whole second paragraph in your first reply. I'm also on a reading forum

Last edited by Kirylaufer; 01-12-2020 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect
Old 01-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

After reading, I switched back to obc bypass cause my computer is "touchy". I thought I reinstalled bypass but cart won't move. You remove solenoid yellow off and replace with a 6th battery neg. Then the thick line from the computer gets a 6th battery connection. Cart seems like I'm right at it like a switch.
Thanks
Old 01-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Good
Old 01-12-2020, 09:58 PM   #10
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Does thick black wire behind charger need to be tied to bat 6 negative to jump the obc. If I have connected the two black wires in my powerdrive charger can it hurt anything in the cart if it's not mehanically capable of wired perfect or will it just not work. Is there anything obvious to check if my solenoid clicks but that's it? It ran until I tried to take out obc bypass.
Thanks as always
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car