lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Front seatback recover suggestion? Custom Quality Covers for Precedent

Three carts sitting here: two passenger Precedent, two passenger older DS, four passenger newer DS. I ordered seat covers for all of them from eBay seller Custom Quality Covers and their customer service suuuuuuucks. Zero install instructions, nearly zero support afterwards. Hands-on quality is good, fit is good on seat bottom and DS single seat back. Fit is just OK on individual rectangle seat backs. The problem is that the covers aren't completely rectangular, and the top and bottom have a slight arc to them.

Anyway, the Precedent seat back cover is designed to staple to the plastic back cover. There are no provisions to cover the stapled area of the new seatcover, which will look like poo. Any suggestions on cleaning up the look of the rear of the seat?

https://www.ebay.com/str/Golf-Carts-...p2047675.l2563
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Front seatback recover suggestion? Custom Quality Covers for Precedent

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-Pr...72.m2749.l2649

You can find them for less if you look around...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Front seatback recover suggestion? Custom Quality Covers for Precedent

So you're suggesting I staple to the existing cover, then go over THAT with the second one?
Old 03-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's what I did..Looks great and finishes it off...It covers the whole back and the seat back bolts hold it in place...Like this...

https://www.golfcartking.com/club-ca...MaAg3rEALw_wcB
Old 03-01-2021, 11:22 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

FYI in case you don't have a stapler-I had 2 motorcycle seats to replace the covers on and took them to my upholstery guy who wanted $70 a seat to install. Being the cheap SOB that I am I went to HF and picked up a couple of air staplers and staples for under $100 and installed both covers in less than an hour (I am not an upholstery guy but they weren't that tough).

3 circles and a snap for the HF staplers
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:31 PM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

That cover is exactly what I need. Simi, I have a HF stapler, it's a life saver.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #7
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Another fyi....Stainless staples will rust after a while as there is a percentage of iron in them...I use monel staples...They have a high nickel content along with copper and will never rust...They are made for marine use..I am on the east coast of FL where everything rusts...
Old 03-01-2021, 01:19 PM   #8
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Another fyi....Stainless staples will rust after a while as there is a percentage of iron in them...I use monel staples...They have a high nickel content along with copper and will never rust...They are made for marine use..I am on the east coast of FL where everything rusts...
That's a great tip. I'm here on the east coast of Florida as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car