lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2pg won't run without choke

You absolutely do not want sealed bearings. They need to be lubricated by the fuel oil mixture. They are also a pressed fit. There is no retainer. There are three bearings.

Post #22. Use the 88 manual. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=105501&page=3
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 07:37 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you are having trouble locating non sealed bearings you can get the sealed bearings and use a small pick and pop the seals out of them.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:19 AM   #13
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

If I remember right it wouldn't run with sealed bearings, I'm thinking the fuel/oil mix has to go through the bearings to the intake port.......

I rebuilt a Harley buggy a few years ago that did require sealed bearings though, very strange design to me. But the intake port was on the inside of the crankcase before the bearings
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:32 AM   #14
daviddavid
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Getting to the bearings is one thing, replacing them is another. I recently rebuilt mine and only did the seals because the bearings seemed fine (no play when wiggling the crankshaft in all directions) and thank goodness too because I really didn't want to split the case. You can replace the seals easy (once you get to them). I used a coarse thread screw to barely drill into them and pulled them out. Then used the handle of my floor jack to push them into place (be careful not to push them in too far).

If you're experienced in splitting cases, sure go for it. If not and the bearings check out ok, it could save a lot of trouble and time skipping them.

I got my seals from golf cart king amazon store, $13 each
daviddavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:34 AM   #15
daviddavid
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

https://www.ezgogolfcartguide.com/ezgo-parts/

This website is incredibly useful for finding part numbers to search google with and to verify you're getting the right stuff
daviddavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:12 AM   #16
Speedavis
Not Yet Wild

Got the engine out and on the floor. Only broke off two bolts, the ones holding the bracket for the choke and throttle cables. Looks like they may have been 10-32s. Any body here know for sure before I start drilling them out? I'm going to soak all the others with penetrating oil for a couple days before backing them out. Will give me time to figure out how the clutch comes off!
Speedavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #17
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Same as this. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=4144

They would like you to buy this, but you can easily make one with just a bolt, and a short piece of rod. https://www.cartpartsplus.com/tune-u...1-1988-2-cycle.

The impact is what really helps.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:48 PM   #18
Speedavis
Not Yet Wild

3/4-16 bolt (also known as 3/4 fine thread) was $4 and in stock at Tractor Supply. Impact wrench is oiled and ready. Clutch will be off tomorrow. Then I'll move over to the flywheel. Anybody seen my steering wheel puller in the last 30 years?? (I'm 82)
Speedavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO