lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Which Precedent would you choose?!

Okay. I am looking to buy a Precedent. I don't want much - just a lift kit and a new set of larger tires. It will mainly go around campgrounds and the streets here - nothing off road. So I found two carts - and am looking to get either but am looking for your advice on which you'd prefer.

1. 2007 Club Car Precedent. Less than a year old batteries. SGC Lift Kit. Newer SS tires/wheels, LED lights front and back. White/Beige color. $4100

2. 2017 Club Car Precedent. 10 years newer than the first option. 2018 batteries. No Lift Kit, Custom Wheels, No Lift Kit, Pretty much stock. $4100

So for the same price, would you go with a cart that already has everything you want? Or would you get a mostly stock one (grey) for the same price, and then have to fork over another $1000 for a lift kit, tires?
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2021, 05:18 AM   #2
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina
Default Re: Which Precedent would you choose?!

For me that would be a No Brainer! always get the newest one as money will allow!. 10 years is 10 years.
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Couple of things to be aware of: Precedents came with 12v batteries until 2008 when Club Car switched back to 8vs and offered a kit to convert the older carts. I think in 08 you could have it either way but sometime that year they gave up on the 12vs altogether best I can remember. Also there were other minor changes to the cart but I don't remember what they were. Not significant I don't think so not enough by themselves to swing the decision.
2014 is the year CC ditched the OBC and switched to the ERIC charging system. The '17 cart has these updates and even if neglected you could surmise all the bushings and stuff of that nature are in better shape unless the older cart has had immaculate service.
I making judgements on carts I can't see and I'm prejudiced by my experience and how I would use the cart----might be much different than you. I'm not a fan of the 12v batteries and would generally lean to a newer model if given the choice. 2cents
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I want to thank you both! I opted for a 2014 in red today with the ERIC charger. I told myself that I can always buy the lift kit/tires/etc, but I can't buy years.
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car