lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
hays80
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No spark - Newbie needs help.

Please tell me if this is the wrong spot because I hate to waste my time if it is. Thx.

I just found two more wires that go nowhere. One is an orange wire from the coil and the other is a white plug the has one two female spade receptacles (perpendicular to each other) with a red and blue wire coming from it going to the motor under the carb.
hays80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
hays80
Not Yet Wild

Think I may be missing something called the pulser coil. It seems that the blue\red and orange plug to this thing. Anyone know what it is or where it goes?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
hays80
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I think it is called the Ignitor. Does anyone have a picture of theres?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
ruredy
Born Wild

There's a diagram that shows how to replace the igniter with a gm hei in the tech section. also lots of threads about it
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

it would be nice to know what model of cart and your engine first. what is the serial number and manufacturers number of the cart. should be on a plate under the glove box. once we have that then maybe we can point you to the right wiring diagram. slow down take your time and get yourse a multimeter to check your wiring with.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
it would be nice to know what model of cart and your engine first. what is the serial number and manufacturers number of the cart. should be on a plate under the glove box. once we have that then maybe we can point you to the right wiring diagram. slow down take your time and get yourse a multimeter to check your wiring with.
he posted pics of the data plate
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
hays80
Not Yet Wild

I posted the picture of that plate in my first post.

I was just asking if this is the wrong place because I think someone mentioned that I posted this in the wrong place? Didn't want to ask all these questions if I should be post somewhere else.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

oh my wife is hogging the pc so im on my pda n didnt see the pic lol. so why not go with the correct diagram and just trace each wire to make sure it is going where it should. then start testing circuits from there?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #19
hays80
Not Yet Wild

I can not find the correct diagram. Every post I find points other people with my cart to a page that I only find general manuals and not mine. Everyone seems very general on here. I know it is because I know nothing and starting from scratch. I am missing the ignitor so someone mentions to maybe do the GM HEI upgrade. I go to the tech section and it shows a diagram and says to use one from a 76 1\2 ton truck but as I read 5 more threads I see that you may need a GM coil too. Nobody says what GM coil. I can't go to the part store and say give me a GM coil. I read on and another guy says to use one from a 77 Nova and I notice it has a coil built in but not sure if you use that coil or use the original ez-go one. Plus the Nova guy does not say how to hook it up. So I would like to go with the Nova part but can I use the Chevy truck guys diagram or will I catch something on fire if I do?? These parts are a little too expensive for me to be trying and possible burning other things up cause I wired it wrong. I am not blaming this forum or any or the posters because it seems like everyone else is getting stuff done so it just must be me. Just saying I need more info and will continue to look for it.

The correct manual would be a great start.

I also just talked to the guy I bought the cart off of and he found the ignitor. I will try hooking that up the next day I get time. I will not be able to work on it again until next Tuesday. That is why I seem like I am in a hurry. Limited time. I was hoping to take it with me to the track this weekend.

Thank you all for your help so far.

steve
Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

i am not sure if the 86 is much different from the 89 wiring diagram. have a look at the 89 diagram and see iff it is close. you may have to spring for a manual from one of the parts suppliers to make sure you have the right one. when i had my 89 i had a hard time with service manual related stuff and was to cheap to buy one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO