lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default All-Sports 7" or Jakes 6"

Hey guys,
I'm sure this topic has already been beat to death, but, I'm trying to get the best deal I can with using the sponsors. Everything Carts made me a nice package deal on the 7"-23x10 combo. Jakes is more money for 6" and 22's Both made in the USA...Pro's, Cons... who has them??? Opinions...Thanks!
Rockboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: All-Sports 7" or Jakes 6"

I have been running the 6" Jake's on my G9 around 4 years, no problems at all. I would recommend the Jake's, it's worth the extra money.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

The construction of the Jakes lift is better suited to off road use. The question you should be asking is "what will I be using this cart for?" If you plan on running it off road mostly, then I think the design of the Jakes would suit you better. If you will just be cruising around camp grounds and the neighborhood, the All Sports kit is a good economical solution. Do you need to have adjustable camber built in to your lift? Jakes has it. Is price point your main limiting factor? A good deal can be had on the Al Sports package.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

The input has been great...thank you. The cart will be used for all of the above. At the river house in the summer, off-roading on quad type trails, hunting, snow-plowing, (ya snow) general all purpose stuff around the house. Most importantly, is the ground clearance to get over and around obsticals. Again, looking for non-bias comparisons between the two lifts.
Rich
Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

To be honest, I don't have "Personal" experience with Jake's A-arm kits,
but I do with their 3" spindle lift!

My "personal" experience with both of them...

I put the 7.5 SS All Sports kit on my buddies cart, I have Jake's 3" spindle...

There was a couple of weekends last summer, (after having a "few" adult beverages)
Where WE decided, WE would go "make" some trails with our carts!
Well, come to find out after the second or third time... (in the A.M. and a "bit under the weather")...
We went to go get Bloody Mary's, and my buddy had a weird "Clunk" on the Drivers side front...
So, we checked it out and he had a broken part!
I paniced and went over my cart with a fine tooth comb... PERFECT... nothing wrong!

Now... All Sports DID send me new parts for my buddies cart... no charge... and I DO like the lift...
But, I sure am happy I spent a couple extra bucks on my Jake's!

my 2 cents

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

There is a good thread to look at that is stickied at the top of the "Lifted Golf Carts" section titled "Terra Toys" that may shed some additional light on this subject. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...erra-toys.html

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Kelly! I'll check it out...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #8
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I found out that the Jakes lift is made with Nascar roll cage tubing...I'm guessing it would be pretty hard to bend that. Plus the camber adjustment is a nice feature...
Thanks again to all that replied!
Rich
Old 01-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Okay guys and gals, went with the Jakes lift. Now tire decision. Opinions again are greatly appreciated. Looking at the Swamp Fox. Mostly off-roading... Ocasionally, some road riding. Swamp foxes vibarate you to death on the road??? I would go with something less aggresive, but I'll be plowing snow, atv trails, ect...dont want to get stuck!
Thanks!
Rich
Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just got my swamp fox tires about a month ago. I love them they do great on the tails and vibration isn't terrable on the road. If most of you driving is of road, say 75% of the time, get them they really dig. I run in the snow with a little weight in back and pulled my kids all around in the snow. Check the sponser I think everything carts has them.
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts