lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Dragracer
Not Yet Wild

Default A few UPGRADING questions????????

Been busy and haven't posted, but have been keeping an eye on things and NOW I have to do the upgrades on my cart. It's a marathon 36 volt resistor cart that I want to upgrade to 48 volt (possibly more) controller cart. I have saved in my bookmarks this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...ack-power.html

I've sourced a local Interstate battery (U2200) supply for 8 new ones, and new 2 gauge wires for them as well, so here are a few question:

1. Can I use on OEM 48 volt controller out of another cart, like Club Car, or Yamaha?

2. Any related components with the above noted controller?

3. ANY 48 volt cart charger?

Now I'm going to go over this cart COMPLETELY from @sshole to breakfast, and replace every piece of electrical components, redoing the battery box to try and get all 8 batteries in there, and going to try and get the room for more in the bagwell.

As with my screen name, I'm only going to be using this on race weekend to tow my 3200 lbs car, but I have to be able to run about 15 miles between charges, hence the 8 6 volt batteries.

Any info and help is greatly appreciated. As well with any leads on some use, but good working parts that I my be requiring as well.

John
Dragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A few UPGRADING questions????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer View Post
Been busy and haven't posted, but have been keeping an eye on things and NOW I have to do the upgrades on my cart. It's a marathon 36 volt resistor cart that I want to upgrade to 48 volt (possibly more) controller cart. I have saved in my bookmarks this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...ack-power.html

I've sourced a local Interstate battery (U2200) supply for 8 new ones, and new 2 gauge wires for them as well, so here are a few question:

1. Can I use on OEM 48 volt controller out of another cart, like Club Car, or Yamaha?

2. Any related components with the above noted controller?

3. ANY 48 volt cart charger?

Now I'm going to go over this cart COMPLETELY from @sshole to breakfast, and replace every piece of electrical components, redoing the battery box to try and get all 8 batteries in there, and going to try and get the room for more in the bagwell.

As with my screen name, I'm only going to be using this on race weekend to tow my 3200 lbs car, but I have to be able to run about 15 miles between charges, hence the 8 6 volt batteries.

Any info and help is greatly appreciated. As well with any leads on some use, but good working parts that I my be requiring as well.

John
Glad you came back before you started..... Don't bother with a controller from another cart get an Alltrax AXE 4865
(650 amp) Stock units are 250 or so that's like a 1 barrel carb on a 600hp motor

DO not use a Club Car charger. it works with an on-board computer only. Find a Lester 48v charger.
Get a 0-5K PB-6 potentiometer (made by curtis) Have the controller programmed (or buy one set up) to 0-5k to match.

Get a 400amp solenoid

Now you have a shopping list PM me if you want a pkg price on it all.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Dragracer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: A few UPGRADING questions????????

****, just like I like, FAST. I have know there is some differences between the "power" of EZ-GO and CC, 0-5 and 5-0 I think. SO THAT'S why I'm doing my due diligence with this, plus I'm a "gear head" "fossil burner" as my buddies say, but I KNOW the electric TOW better then gas, just have to make sure I do it right the first time.

I was just looking at some controllers and they ARE 250/275 amps. IF I go with the "aftermarket" controller, I'm think to get something that can handle up to 72 volts, as I don't think it's much more $$$ up-front???

What amps should I be looking at with 72 volt? Solenoid, controller, F/R switch and pot box?

Plus, I think that I should get the motor either replaced it rewound with the speed/torque switch too, so who can or would you recommend?
Dragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO