lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
gduncdesigns
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking Help with a 90 Marathon???

Ok.... So not to be annoying but, I picked up a 90 Ezgo for $200 and I want to try and make sure it is somewhat good before I go spending lots of money for it. It has the electronic controller in it and appears to be orginal. Checked connections all are tight and clean. Battery pack is reading 36.6 after a full charge! I know they are bad but I figure they should at least be able to turn the motor. I have jacked it up and and gone through the diagnostics check list and If I have a series or pds (non dcs) It says the resistor is bad. Is this part of the controller and how do I tell if the controller is bad? And what is this cart considered DCS? Solid State? Series? Hope I have made sense!!
Thanks!!
Greg
gduncdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with a 90 Marathon???

It is considered a solid state. When depressing the accelerator do you hear a clicking sound from the solenoid? What is the conditon of the forward/reverse switch contact studs?
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

You have a 1990 Marathon controller cart. It's a series motor. Do you hear the solenoid engage? Have you checked all three microswitches? There are two on the FNR and one by the pot.

I type slow. Pax is on the job.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
rib33024

That battery pack is low for a full charge --
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
gduncdesigns
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the quick responses!! Yes the solenoid does click! How do I check the micros?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check them with a multi-meter for continuity. They are either on or off (signal or no signal). I would also check the micro on the pot box. Then the pot box for signal output. it should smoothly scale from 0-5000 ohms (+/- 300-500). As you indicated earlier make sure you place jack stands under the axel when doing diagnostic/ troubleshooting.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
gduncdesigns
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Help with a 90 Marathon???

I was able to get it to run. I checked all the wiring again and it was a bad connection. You guys were not kidding about how clean they have to be. I will start a new thread for "The Rebuild". I picked up a TXT body that I plan on putting on it. The one there now is pretty banged up.
Thanks again guys!!
Greg
Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good luck and thanks for closing out the thread with a reply.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO