lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

Default dug deeper

so we dug in deeper tonight. here are a few pics notice the worn pinion.... the other bearings look good im prob. going to replace the ones in the rear end for the pinion and the rear motor bearing. any sugg. on where to get a ring an pinion an 83. also im a gear head(cars) what i keep calling the pinion is this what you refer to as the input shaft? sorry for the dumb questions new to carts. thanks for the help.p does any one have a diagram of how the rear input shaft goes together. i can put it together the way it came apart but somethings just dont seem right. like how the bearing race sits on the back of the pinion in pic 2, the bearing is slid down in the pic. If thats how it goes fine if not let me know.

grease from assembly yesterday
notice the wear on the washer
no snap ring i take it thats how the new carts are.
sb62nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: rearend moan

cant wait to get it fixed so i can get on with painting it. it has all new batteries
all the battery cables are #4 i was going to eventually replace all of the other cables.Thats about the extent want to make it look good and run good. I cant wait to take it to the track with us to get around on.. The kids love riding it already even though i couldn't handle the loud reared they didn't even notice. lol
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the worm gear looks in good shape, did the bearings had noise? As a gearhead, I am sure you know even a little noise gets amplified in the case of a bearing. I'm fairly confident you could get a new cone bearing, but if the is any major wear on that worm gear (that I am not seeing) you may have a hard time finding one of those. I don't have any pics of the assy for that setup, but I believe there are stickies at the top of the forum that MAY had some.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #14
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

im pretty sure the pinion is wore out its sharp on the edges, like when its under load its pulling itself into the ring. any way i found a cart junk yard by me he said come pick a cart and he will load it into a pickup for 150. im going to try to find one with a dash and canopy but well see what they have. just going to swap out the whole rear end.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

sorry one more thing before i go out there what years would be interchangeable with my 83.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #16
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

ok how bout this got another cart, I was just going to change the rear end. but who ever had it took the brakes off and the backing plate is not the same. does any one know what year this one is the tag is wore off, Its under the seat.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, I think I finally located where all the antiques were put to pasture.....

Seriously thoiugh, If the plate is gone I don't know how you will ID that machine. Is that one of the ones that they had the brake on the motor?? If I had to guess I would say mid to late 80's.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #18
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

lol this was supposed to be a cheep cart to get around the track and play around at home its turning it to a pain in the . i believe the pinion is the same so i might try to change the ring and pinion or drill the backing plate to work. Im going to play with it tomorrow and see what i can make work.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh the Pinion (input shaft) is definately the same as yours..... I was just trying to help you identify the cart......Hopefully this one isn't as worn as yours.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #20
sb62nova
Not Yet Wild

I switched the rear ends today, put my motor on the new rear end. Took it for a spin and it was perfect, quiet. so now im taking all of the molding of the donor cart and putting it on mine after i paint it. not sure if the other cart will be worth anything after im done with it but at least i got some good parts!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO