lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
jbh25
Not Yet Wild

Default txt cart electronics

just found a txt cart dont no year but it dont have none of the electrical just a motor. will need the fnr switch, controler and what ever else these carts have. but it does have a 4in lift and 22in tires. I can get the cart for 100.00 dollars. Also i have the brand new batteries that are in my spirt i can take out. So what all do i have to buy to put cart togeather. or is it worth it. Just cant spend 3500 on a newer cart, but could spend it one a build alittle at a time so what do yall think
jbh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: txt cart electronics

You need to figure out if the cart is Series DCS or PDS and why it is sitting without batteries? Bad Motor? Differential? What year.....
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

from the sounds of it, as long as the rear end isn't locked up, it should be a good deal. I paid $100 for the cart my son is doing the build on and it doesn't have that lift or the tires like the one you found. I know you were planning on doing all the upgrades anyway, the only difference is that on this one you are starting from a blank plate.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
jbh25
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks i will find out year and model and about the motor tomarrow and let yall no. I do no there is no cabels or wire in just the motor.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Doing a build like this really needs no orig wires due to they need to be changed anyway.

An easy way to tell about motor or motor is push the cart. if the rear tires roll than the diff/motor is spinning which means its not locked up.

I have seen a diagrapham on here on how to put 36V on the motor to test it. This bypasses all the electronics. Another thing it may sounds like a good deal, but if you have to buy everything, controller, fnr switch, harness, solenoid, batts, wires/cables, you may have more than 3500 in this cart. I am just saying.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
jbh25
Not Yet Wild

ok talked to the guy today he said it was a series motor and the rear was good but didnt no about the motor. the ony electronics in the cart is the acc. pedal and wire. If the motor is not good can i use the motor out of my marathon(spirt).
Old 07-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You could, but if you are gonna BUILD that cart, you may not want to....

Now to test the motor on the cart:

Jack up the rear.
install a short battery wire between the A2 and the S2 posts on the motor.
using a 12 volt battery (or 2 6 volt batteries hooked in series), hook a jumper wire from the S1 post to the 12v neg.
Now hook another jumper wire to the A1 and then touch it to the 12v pos on the battery. If the motor turns, you are in business. If the motor does not turn, try increasing the voltage to 18 volts and repeat the test. If it is still not turning at 18 volts, you have a dead motor.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
jbh25
Not Yet Wild

ok i will try this, so there is a big difference in the motor on that cart and the on my marthon(spirt).
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well, the motor on the Marathon is great if you are looking for a low end Torque motor, and the motor from a TXT is great if you are looking for Speed (after doing a 48v conversion) , but if you want speed and torque, you are gonna have to upgrade.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
jbh25
Not Yet Wild

thanks rabbit for all ur help, what all do i have to buy i dont even no whats all in these carts, i will have the accel pedal with the wire, and a set of batteries and maybe a motor so what else is there.

Controller, fnr switch and what else
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO