lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV a no go

I also checked voltage before the solenoid and after the solenoid to the controller and I get 50 volts. I even swapped out the two rotary switches on the gas and brake pedals, nothing still. But I really want check the motor but I need a wiring diagram. I figure if the motor works then the controller is fried.
stepsidebowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
The brake solenoid has caused problems in past and could have the brakes locked.
Even the dealers are a little fuzzy on these, you need an EZGO dealer that has experience on RXV's.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...oblem-iii.html

Can you move the cart at all? If you can, it is not the auto-brake solenoid.

When it fails, the only way you can move the cart is to hold down the brake release lever on the rear axle, a very inconvenient thing that you access by taking the seat off and reaching down between the battery compartment and the frame. The lever is on the driver's side of the rear axle.

During the widespread problem affecting our fleet, when bringing a locked-up cart in off the course was fairly frequent, I had cut a 2x4 to stick in there so we did not have to risk an employee's arm/hand/fingers on the ride back to the cart barn.

I labeled the 2x4 E Z Go Part #1.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #13
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

I removed the entire brake housing off of the motor, so the cart can roll, and the motor still didnt turn
Old 08-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
cartboy
Gone Wild

That would be the case if it had a bad solenoid, which my understanding is they all did until the problem was detected.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

I've just about had enough of this problem cart. Being it's a 48v system I'm thinking of just rewiring the cart with an aftermarket motor and controller and changing the rearend assembly with brakes to accomodate the new motor. Is this possible? Anybody has a link to more info?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #16
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsidebowtie View Post
I've just about had enough of this problem cart. Being it's a 48v system I'm thinking of just rewiring the cart with an aftermarket motor and controller and changing the rearend assembly with brakes to accomodate the new motor. Is this possible? Anybody has a link to more info?
Before trying a simple fix like a new solenoid?

Is the solenoid still hardwired? It is located underneath that flimsy cover where the Run/Tow switch is. If those screws don't appear to have been worked with, and if the solenoid is still hardwired (not spliced with a connector), it is your prime suspect. You should at least take it in for questioning under a bright light.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #17
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid is hard wired in with no connector. Even if it still clicks and voltage is present after the key is turned on could it still be bad? Thanks for the tip
Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsidebowtie View Post
The solenoid is hard wired in with no connector. Even if it still clicks and voltage is present after the key is turned on could it still be bad? Thanks for the tip
Well, there is a click and then there is a click. The click with a bad solenoid when you turn the key on is different than the click with a good solenoid. But there is still a click. I know the difference when I hear it, but can't tell you in words. I have come to know the bad solenoid click as, a I clicked but I'm really not going anywhere click.

In another thread I was asked if you can tell the bad solenoids from the good ones by looking at them, so I asked our dealer when he came by. He said No, then did what I told you to do, looked to see if it was still hardwired (hadn't been switched out), then immediately said it's a bad solenoid, one of the originals.

Until that, our concern was that thye replacement solenoids were starting to fail, but they haven't

Knowing what I know (disregarding the fact that some here don't think I know what I know), that's what I woulda done first, before tearing anything up. Of course, then, I've got a new solenoid just laying here, and you don't.

Not knowing what is wrong with something is frustrating. So much so that the not knowing is more frustrating than the not working. That's why I posted here to begin with, to help folks with a problem most did not know about, but eventually would run into.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #19
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

I was told the cart was towed back by a car, how far? I don't know. As far as flipping the run/tow switch I don't know either. But as for the solenoid I'll give it a shot. Know where I can get one from other than the dealer?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #20
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

EZGO is telling me to put the HD 36V solenoid on the carts. You have to wire them in. They seem to be lasting the longest.

The problem you have here is that no one is really familiar with them. EZGO has 2 people that is dedicated only to the RXV only last time I called them on an issue. They are still new. I have only sold 3 of these units and I still have 3 instock. They are just too dang expensive for what they are. Not being a butt, but you should have researched this cart b4 buying it. I woudl not take a RXV even if it was given to me. I think they are JUNK. It is a good design, however it was released too early. Not enough R&D.

Question. Do you have batt voltage going into solenoid and batt voltage coming out of solenoid? If you do than I would suspect you have a bad controller. I have replaced a few of each. But there again that is just a guess and without a scanner you can/will spend more money than what that car is worth.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO