lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default I gotta get a multimeter...

weird thing with the cart for the last 3 or 4 days, 48v series with a speed/torque motor kit from an unnamed source (purchased before I found this great site) not sure what the controller is, came with the package...initialed of course. Anyway, the last several days I've noticed a big drop in the acceleration when you mash the pedal, it would easily scoot gravel in the driveway even with the 26's and now it just moseys along. Also tonight when I went to put the cart in the barn, I turned on the lights and hit the pedal and the lights almost went out. I have a LSV charger, hopefully it's functiong properly. Tuesday I'm going to look at a Lestronic II 48v charger for $50, they say it runs great. Is that worth $50 Scottyb? You had two pictured in a thread I read that you were trying to sell and it was the larger of the 2. Hopefully automatic? But anyway, looks like I need to read up on how to check the batts and grab a multimeter.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I gotta get a multimeter...

A digital voltmeter and a temperature compensating Hydrometer are a must have for every electric cart owner sooner of later......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Fluke multimeters are some of the best volt ohm meters (VOM) on the market today, but a cheapy Radio Shack will work in a pinch. You can find used Fluke meters on eBay, pawn shops, garage sales, or even on Craigslist. Even if you buy a new Fluke it is a good life long investment tool. I have a Lestronic II 48v charger it's automatic and works great. Paid $100 for mine off Craigslist. If you can buy one for $50 steal it. I thought I stole mine for $100.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Rob91da
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have used VOMs for many years from work to recreation, and I have always used Flukes, however I borrowed a Craftsman one from my old man when I was away from my tools and it seems to work well, he uses it all the time. Might be a good economic choice.
Rob91da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

I got one from tractor supply last week for $20. Who knows how long it lasts but my cart is all it will be used for.
Hopefully you get it figured out what is wrong with it. It sucks when you know you should have more power then what you are making.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll stick with my cheap Rat Shack autoranging meter. about the only thing I have to do is replace the fuse in it from time to time.

I also have a nice UEI but it needs to be recalibrated. Fluke makes a great meter, but when you are working in the field, you don't buy the most expensive tools out there for fear of them being lost/stolen.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

picked up a hydrometer @ advance auto but the digital voltmeter they had looked kinda cheesy for $15, don't even know how to work one
Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I usually don't like really cheap tools. My meters are no exception but I work with them everyday.... The big box stores have quite a collection starting at about $20 ( HD, Lows, Wallymart) You know. All you need in a meter is AC and DC Scales 5-600AC and up to 200DC a continuity setting (an audible signal is great on continuity) and Ohms scale 0-20,000 should work..... hope that helps. I have a Sperry from HD that was about $45 which has endured years of abuse.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Got one from Lowes without battery over 20.00, one from Hf with battery on sale for like 5.99 get sane reading from both. Ace hardware has hydrometer for a decent price, this is just my opinion they work for me. Good Luck
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

check this out fellas, as you know I came across a Lestronic II 48v fully auto charger for $50 a few days ago. Not a single scratch or smudge on it might I add. I almost feel guilty for only paying $50 for it but thats what the guy wanted. So for the last 3 days or so I have been using this charger instead of my LVS 36/48v charger and I'm happy as hell to report that my cart has regained the neck snapping power it once had. The LVS charger must have not been charging my cart properly. This Lestronic is 100 times the charger than the LVS model, you can't even hear it run. I have to physically touch the charger to feel it vibrate to see if it's working and charging my cart. But anyway, the cart is back to running great like it was before.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO