lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
tugman53
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Powerwise Charger

I have a Powerwise 36V for ezgo cart. I am new to carts and charging. The charger is supposed to shut off automatically I believe. The batteries were very low to start out. I have charged them several times for 2-3 hours at a time. The meter starts off around 20 amps and goes down to about 13. You can hear the batterries bubbling on the inside. The charger gets pretty hot and has not shut off by itself yet. I turn it off to let it cool down. The pack voltage is 38.2Volts. Do I just let it keep going until it stops or could something be wrong with the charger? Also is there supposed to be a fuse on the back of the amp meter? Thanks for the help!!!
tugman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise Charger

Low batteries can take up to 12 hours to recharge .... an average charge is more like 5-6 hours...... let it go. If it does not shut off in 16 hours you have one or more bad batteries in the pack. it will spend most of its time around 5 amps leveling the charge between the batteries.... Just ~ Let it go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
tugman53
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, like I said I am new to this. The charger getting hot is normal?
tugman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Some get hotter than others, all get warm? It is fuse protected if it had a short it would stop. Some make more noise than others too ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO