lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 10$ lift kit older e-z-go first of its kind

You're camparing apples to oranges rokcrlr, big difference,
and everyone is intitled to their opinion, some just aren't as polished as others.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Show me a lit kit for $10.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Show me a lit kit for $10.
Well, you start with 4pcs of 2X6 wood, some big nails........Bawahahaha!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Well I got my 5 inch lift kit on Ebay for $50 and it lifted the back as well as the front. It was a snap to fit taking just a couple of hours. I think that was more economical than doing it myself. Nevertheless I admire those who think they can and then do it.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #15
Hotcat
What in the?

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
Why is it when someone comes up with a cheap way of doing something theirselves , someone has to come along and rag on them. If the guy knows how to weld ,why is it unsafe.For a few bucks he saved 300, seems like a good idea to me. Personaly I prefer to read threads about someone who builds it them selves, not buy it. I'm going to build my next lift kit by bending my own axle. Believe it or not their are people out here that can do just about anything in their garage and it will be safe for use. I know a guy who is a fireman, and has his own machine shop for his own use.Includeing but not limited to. 8 lathes, 3 milling machines, 2 surface grinds, a verticule and horzontal shaper, 10 grinders, 5 drill presses, a radial drill, a small engine dyno, 3 band saws inclusing a doall that stands about 10 ft high, an american lathe with a 36in swing.Now he can do anything he wants in his shop.Oh plus all the tooling to go with the stuff. Redneck or not if it works for you it's fine.Oh and this guy made a new crankshaft for an 36 rolls royce.

Hahaha. Rokcrlr, Im all for building things myself too, check my build thread.
Hotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:20 AM   #16
defrun23
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

hey thanks [Rokcrlr] oh and im not a red neck im just a seventeen year old that builds out of my garadge and this isn't my first rodeo ive built two other lifted carts a manx buggy
probibly twenty vintage motorcycles and restored my 66 mustang...
oh and did i mention im 17 no job school and a shop any one can turn the walmart tool kit tools but i fabricate oh and i actually did it for free but i said 10$ to state

paint, welding wire, my time and a cutting wheel so no drop spindles here.........

and i to appreciate seeing custom jobs not bolt ons right on Rokcrlr.......
defrun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #17
defrun23
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

and im not stupid when i said bend i meant cut and add my extra bends in....
defrun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrun23 View Post
Hey i've got an old school marathon and most of my great ideas are for these old school carts and they dont apply to these plastic carts. ha ha
check out my latest fab work for under 20 bucks i lifted my carts front end and gave it three times the ground clearance by flippin the front end over and rewelding the tabs.. so far i think im the pionneer of this idea
let me know what you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
Why is it when someone comes up with a cheap way of doing something theirselves , someone has to come along and rag on them.

Oh and this guy made a new crankshaft for an 36 rolls royce.
Why do 17 year olds make rediculous claims, ask for opinions, and get upset when they get them?

I'm glad you have skills. As you get older you will realize that a craftsman lets his work do the talking. Good luck with your build.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
rolloffhill
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrun23 View Post
hey thanks [Rokcrlr] oh and im not a red neck im just a seventeen year old that builds out of my garadge and this isn't my first rodeo ive built two other lifted carts a manx buggy
probibly twenty vintage motorcycles and restored my 66 mustang...
oh and did i mention im 17 no job school and a shop any one can turn the walmart tool kit tools but i fabricate oh and i actually did it for free but i said 10$ to state

paint, welding wire, my time and a cutting wheel so no drop spindles here.........

and i to appreciate seeing custom jobs not bolt ons right on Rokcrlr.......

I'll give you a dollar for some punctuation...

rolloffhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey,I'm with Doomsman on this one,You've gotta correct camber or its' gona be a steering/handling nitemare.If you look at your axle mounted stock,The top of the King-Pins are in towards the center at the top.Now with it flipped,they are in at the bottom.This will cause some really odd steering angles and it won't handle very well.If you look at your spindles,they also have this angle built into them.We used to build Mini-Sprint axles and they had 10degrees camber in them,so you tilt the top of the axle-boss inward 10deg.,and then when you build the spindle,you angle the stub to 10deg. so that it ends up straight in line with the axle centerline.Any variance in degrees between the two makes wild angles when you steer.We are not trying to tell anyone how to build something,just adding advice and knowledge to keep everyone safe and havin fun.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO