lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default got my jakes lift on

It was dark last night so i couldnt take any pics. But i've had the lift for awhile now it is a jakes spindle 6 inch. The front was very easy to put on had it done in prob less than a half hour. Not bad for first time doing it. Now the rear was a pain in the butt. I fought and fought with the bolts they were seized in the rubber bushings. I got them out couldnt belive it. I had a very hard time getting the shocks off the mounts in the rear. I actually got oneside all installed had tire on and had to tear all apart something was binding not allowing the one side to line up. I prob had 4 hours in the rear. That is after i put it together and took it apart numerous times. So far I like this alot. With stock wheels you might as well forget about moving in snow now with the 6 inch and 22 10 11 tires you can actually go through so fair amount of snow. pretty fun actually. now jakes didnt send me any bolts for the rear shocks so i went and bought them just got to get them installed. hurts to even think about getting back under it again, could barely move last night and knees are hurting. .......................
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Vceliberti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: got my jakes lift on

I just finished putting an All sports lift on mine. The leaf spring bolts would not budget. Finally took the axle off and then under the springs instead of moving the springs. Took 4 hours to do the rear. Should have took an hour. Oh well, it's on and I'm happy.
Vceliberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96clubber View Post
It was dark last night so i couldnt take any pics. But i've had the lift for awhile now it is a jakes spindle 6 inch. The front was very easy to put on had it done in prob less than a half hour. Not bad for first time doing it. Now the rear was a pain in the butt. I fought and fought with the bolts they were seized in the rubber bushings. I got them out couldnt belive it. I had a very hard time getting the shocks off the mounts in the rear. I actually got oneside all installed had tire on and had to tear all apart something was binding not allowing the one side to line up. I prob had 4 hours in the rear. That is after i put it together and took it apart numerous times. So far I like this alot. With stock wheels you might as well forget about moving in snow now with the 6 inch and 22 10 11 tires you can actually go through so fair amount of snow. pretty fun actually. now jakes didnt send me any bolts for the rear shocks so i went and bought them just got to get them installed. hurts to even think about getting back under it again, could barely move last night and knees are hurting. .......................
\
It will bind alot if the ground cable is not taken off before you try and lift the rear.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I want a lift, *** need to spend the money & get it.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

i believe it was the other shock causing the bind. after i got it pried off it came down and everything went together fast, i had already takin the ground strap off and replaced it with the longer one.........i like it lifted so much more i can actually move now factory tires have no traction in snow and just spin. now i can go over hills and in trails in the woods and now have to really not worry about getting stuck.......now a new belt i belive it is slipping quite a bit might just be cause of the cold also
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car