lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
mpdonovan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default belts for 82 E-Z-Go Marathon Gas

Couldn't see where else that i could post this. Trying to replace the drive belt. found http://www.albiongolfcars.com/images/cat_10.pdf found this info here Drive Belt, E-Z-Go 2 Cycle gas 76-87 OEM: 14153G1. BLT-0016 was reading about using a shorter belt. wondering what that would be for this. Any help would be great with part numbers and where else to get this.

thanks
Mike
mpdonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: belts for 82 E-Z-Go Marathon Gas

Mike, the correct shorter belt is the DAYCO HP3004. You can get it from many suppliers, just Google that part number. The reason to fit this belt is to slow down the opening of the driven clutch and the closing of the drive clutch. This results in a lower gear ratio and increased acceleation and torque. However you should be aware that some owners have reported that with a tired driven clutch the plates will open too far and allow the belt to drop onto the shaft effectively disconnecting the drive. It's your call.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
jrblank15
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: belts for 82 E-Z-Go Marathon Gas

Mike that is the correct part #, I have an 85 with comet duster clutch, and bought that belt, and really didn't notice a differece in gains or losses, it does engadge @ a lower rpm, but I run out of belt. I have been doing a lot of reserch and if you have a comet clutch here are some options for tunning, long of the short figure out what rpm you want your cart to engadge @ and your over all goal. I have purchased several pucks to try numerous configurations and 2 additional springs and going to try some things hopefully this will help get you were you want to be if you have comet clutch. Sorry if this is hard to read, first time posting.

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comet94c_spring_chart_255.jpg (84.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg comet_94c_puck_info_216.jpg (48.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 94C%20comet.jpg (59.3 KB, 13 views)
jrblank15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO