lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Club Car Gear change

Darting is likely too much toe in. Toe out will make it wander. I usually run hardly any toe in, I'd rather it was very calm at speed. What I did with the yami finally is leave the rod loose on the rod ends, and went on the road. I would turn one by hand and take a run, again, move again to get the wheel straight, move again. Took me like 15min and it was running 30gps straight as an arrow with one hand on pavement.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Some good info Sho...
But, I think it would also make it pretty "squirrely" if the camber was off like this: \-l or this... /-\
and most likely, with a Jake's 3" spindle lift on a Club Car, it will be this... \-/ (with no camber adjustment after)

Lets wait for crossram to see what his possible outcome might be!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Not sure on the camber, though if its way off sure it could. The yamaha is a single A-arm so the camber changes with the load on the cart, but does not seem to affect them much. When I lifted mine I cut the arms and rewelded them. It looked about right, so I welded it there lol. I see a jakes lift now that is nearly exactly the same but looks nicer with tube arms. While I don't profess to be that familiar with CC frontends, I will admit I have set the toe by driving feel on my cart and the car I drive (had to replace a arms/bushings on that) as well as other vehicles I have had.

Another trick is go down the road and hold the wheel straight, then slide over towards the passenger side. If you have toe out the cart will turn towards the side you sit on (without moving the wheel). If you don't then it wont. The front tire you sit above will have more traction. I'd also make sure the tires were not soft when you do this, or at least not bulging the sidewall a lot is what I mean.

Normally toe in is the typical setting, I just don't like it on my carts they get too touchy on the road at speed. Didn't measure my cart exactly but it should be zero or a tiny bit of toe in. Toe out it acts vague and wanders, toe in it is very touchy and darty very sensitive to steering input. I set it right between the two. You tire style could affect it also. Another thing is most cart specs are for stock carts with 18" tires at 12mph so I don't know if they are necessarily correct for a lifted cart. Hopefully the lift maker can tell you about any adjustments aside from toe.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car