lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: 99 club car engine wont start

crane basic rule of thumb that you prob know is you need air spark and fuel to run a gas engine. ether or starting fluid is hard on small engines. they have too small of a chamber to try to combust and this will blow a head gasket! it is the weakest link. if you are loosing combusttion you will have poor vacum to pull fuel through the carb. im not sayiny this happened, but it may be a possibility.
yes it is a ggood test and easy test to see if it has a spark issue or a gass issue.
so after 3 carb tear downs and cleanings, lets assume you have a clean carb. we know you have a brand new ngk bpr5es plug in it or a bp53s(non restistor plug) this is the plug from the kawasaki factory for this fine machine. so we can assume it is good.
as stated before we need to know about the spark delivery. we know kawpow has a issue with there coil wiping out and giving poor or week spark to the plug producing a no start situation.
we have heard or the miro switches acting stupid and for people pulling there hair out over a 3 dollar switch. or something as stupid as a key being left off, or anything stupid like this.
to get to the point, pul you intake tube off the carb, put your hand over the carb and try to start it. see how much of a suction is there. or is it not have any suction.
get the igntion tester and see iff you have a good blue spark. and test the combustion to see if its weak. as stated before if its weak it will not pull fuel through the carb, thus getting the plug wet and making a boom to go vroom!
but we did see the fact you said the plug is not getting wet. we are not trying to insult your intelligense!
also another suggestion take a few moments and go over all you did and make sure all was hooked up correctle and you did not for get anythig, is it in mnormal mode or service mode? did you mix any wires up pulling starter off? is any ires broke or cushed.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have a feeling the carb is just shot.....like i said you don,t see it alot but it does happen and after 3 teardowns and still no fuel i think i would replace it.......you can always send it back if you have to but i have a sneaking feeling..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yes if plug isn,t getting wet theres something going on with the carb.....cris i thought he said he ran wire thur jets??? but anyways now i,m not sure how good a job was done but i have ran into the odd occasion where no matter how long i spent on a carb it was just plain shot..........don,t know why i never thought i would see that but after spending lots of time and pulling and re-pulling and going over the carb with a fine thooth comb i end up putting new one on and problem solved.......dosn,t happen often but it does happen...................
Carb shot ? I understand Tom. but no fuel to the plug ? Even a worn carb will deliver fuel. Ratio might be screwed up and cause rough running but it'll be there and the cart should be at least popping and farting even if it's running rougher than than a 10 cent whore on child support.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i hear ya cris.....but you know i woudn,t fib right..........i,ve seen 3 carbs that wouldn,t put a drop of fuel thur them and after replacing with new carbs problem gone.......thats when i realized that they could get that bad........now the 3 of them over a 9 year period so that tells you how common..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #15
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Im on vacation this week, i dropped the cart off at a friends house he is going to try some things. When i get back if he doesnt get it running i will then do the tests that you all say i should try. I apprecaite all the feed back. I have learned alot even though cart still dont run.
crane2599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #16
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Well its time to go back to the drawing board once again. All the tests check out had a compression test done and it is good. Cleaned the carb one more time. I did notice that the breather is either clogged or designed somehow not to let air all the way thru. As i look at the bolt i cant see daylight all the way through the very small hole and also was not able to push a small wire all the way through. Anyone no if you are supposed to be able to push a wire all the way through? Is there possibly a timing issue?

I cant believe that the engine would run fine until i rebuilt the starter generator. Before i would get the battery charged and spin the starter and the then the engine would fire so then it seemed obvious to rebuild starter generator. Is there something i could have messed up with the wiring when i rebuilt it?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

not going to believe this but i switched A1 and A2 terminal on starter generator and BOOM! CART IS NOW RUNNING! Crazy thing is i thought it was going in wrong direction so we looked at another cart and it was running in the same direction. I guess when the motor says clockwise it means to look at it from the pulley as being the front. Which makes since, but after i compared it to a differnt cart i thought i wired it correctly. The schematic got me. Thanks for eveyones help. I figuered it out from another forum where someone had the same issue.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: 99 club car engine wont start

This is great site i learned so much!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

At least you know your carb is clean

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #20
crane2599
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: 99 club car engine wont start

I am concerned that my battery will never go over 12.5 volts. I have replaced the voltage regulator. I also did the test of removing yellow wire and adding a wire from the terminal to ground. I never seen the battery go above 13. The cart runs fine but i am still concerned that battery will die once i get out on the course.

What in the starter generator charges the battery? I thought the brushes did.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car