lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Default Home made stereo project..as I acting a fool?

So, I went to Wal Mart and spent about $>100 for a "cheap-arse" car stereo and some cheap 6x9's. After looking around at the predesigned consoles out there that are for sale on some of these these websites, I decided that the 6x9's might be a little too much for a little six seater cart and returned them. I am a DIY GUY so this will be a home made project and probably be an OSB wood case covered with black speaker "fur".The entire stereo box will be as small as practically possible and I'd like to hang it up front above the riders and hopefully be protected at the same time by the rain etc..... I'm also having a hard time deciding if I should just buy some Wally World 6" speakers and usre then till they die, or spend a little extra cash for the outdoor speakers. I live in Dry Arizona where Rain is scarce and humidity is lucky enough to sustain 20% or above for any significant amount of time. It's dry, warm and we receive zero snow. Don't get me wrong, it will freeze in the 20's a few times a year but that's about it. Any advice or ideas from you seasoned vets before I get started?

Much Obliged-

James
2007 Eagle Par Cart 12V Gas
BornOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Home made stereo project..as I acting a fool?

check here: parts express

if you go with "car audio" speakers, a polypropylene cone, rubber surround and aluminum tweeter will withstand the elements far better than a speaker with paper cone and foam surround. my 2¢ fwiw
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

understand the cheap ness you want to handle with the box, but i think if you use mdf, you wlill get a beter fininsh, and if it gets wet, it wont start to unglue likethe osb will.
by the way you can never have to much ! the bigger the speaker the louder the van halen right! spend a few bucks on some rockford fostgates and crank em up!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

oh snap i had rockfort fosgates in my jeep wrangler and they had no issue with mud, water or adult beverages being thown there way! so if tehre jeep tested and approved, good enough for a golf cart right!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Plenty of room either side of the F / R lever to mount speakers but if a Tsunami is on the horizon I'd recommend Seran wrap. Sure, it cuts down on the "wheel nut loosening" Bass and fo sho da bruthas will be a little bewildered when you roll through on 15" Donk wheels but all things considered it'll keep your speakers nice and dry.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car