lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 96 not moving well.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96clubber View Post
wow this isnt really sounding good if gonna cost too much its gonna get dropped down to stock with wheels and tires and a for sale sign.........tired of messing with it been a pain ever since i got it from a family member. I will say it has a ton of new parts on it voltage reg coil ignitor carb fuel lines.......

clubber i want to start over here cause in your 1st post you never mentioned anything about the cart being lifted .......some history on it please.........what all has been done as far as upgrades and modifications.....ie: lift tires things of that nature..........and has the cart run like this since you have had it or is this something new? if new explain when and driving conditions................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #12
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

the cart has a 6 inch jakes on it with 22 inch tires it has been fine til now. it just seems like it has a wet belt and is fighting to move. i am going to tear into it and see about the brakes the key and a compression test this weekend......hopefully something stupid and easy. but my luck something prob major............
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #13
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

well would this be it i heard that stens belts arent very good that is what i put on it?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have no opinion on them so there i can,t help.............................
Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #15
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well tore into it today....what i found didnt fix the problem but was shocked to find it.....upon taking the rear drums off one i had to pound off so i adjusted the brakes in so move freely.......well the one axle was out a good inch or so what holds that in? it was the one that was opposite of the one i had to pound off......i am only getting 13-14 mph out of it but the motor just seems to be bogging down quite a bit.. checked rear end oil and plenty in there......not sure what direction to go from here.......still thinking turn it back into stock and start over but then i loose all the new parts that are less than a year old and my luck the problem is something stupid......
Old 09-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #16
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96clubber View Post
Well tore into it today....what i found didnt fix the problem but was shocked to find it.....upon taking the rear drums off one i had to pound off so i adjusted the brakes in so move freely.......well the one axle was out a good inch or so what holds that in? it was the one that was opposite of the one i had to pound off......i am only getting 13-14 mph out of it but the motor just seems to be bogging down quite a bit.. checked rear end oil and plenty in there......not sure what direction to go from here.......still thinking turn it back into stock and start over but then i loose all the new parts that are less than a year old and my luck the problem is something stupid......
You don't happen to have taken a picture do you ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

no didnt take a pic beat it back in with a brass hammer.......
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

had it out today and it goes faster in reverse than forward.... has to be brakes not releasing......... i want to see about jakes front brakes and just unhook rear brakes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

when you lift it yeah you need to do something with the cables they tend to hang up but there is a fix one of these guys will know..........................
Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems to me that there is an extender for the brake cables you can purchase. I didn't need it for my cart, but I did have to remove the little wire looking brackets the brake cables ran through to help my brake cables reach the hubs. If you end up needing the extention pieces, try contacting Tom at Cart Parts Plus. He should either have them or can tell you where to get them.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car