lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default F / R switch no start

03 C C gas been running great for last 4 months i have owned it, sometimes will not start only turn over in F or R one time I found out to put in N by turning that yellow knob in the F /R switch and it would start in N. well I have moved it back and forth few time still no start, then on time in N it statted I squirt wd40 and put yellow knob back where I think it was and it started so drove it 200 yds parked in barn went back 2 wks later no start. battery good turns over great.
any suggestions appreciated, thank U.
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: F / R switch no start

so your saying now it turns over but just won,t fire? if so you need to check for spark and fuel..........make certain you have spark and if you do than see if you have fuel getting to carb..............if its cranking over your lacking one or the other................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

today I checked spark has very good spark, I had it turning over and choking button in, but still no start, So I sprayed little start fluid in carb and fired up ran good drove about 300 yds stopped for while and it started up and ran fine, the let it set 6 hrs and it not start untill I spray fluid in , just a little shot then ran good. I can see fuel in filter line, but just not start.
any suggestions?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes pull the line right at carb and crank over if you have good fuel than you need to go over the carb.............if you don,t have good fuel its somewhere between fuel pump and carb..............there might be 2 fuel filters ( change both ) look at air filter and you can run some carb cleaner thur fuel pump and try and clean it................check spark plug might not hurt to change it..........................
Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for reply Shadowman and info,
I can see only 1 filter "inline" may be one inside the tank i will look. I have an EXGO cart also and had to put carb leaner in the fuel line one time so I know how to do that.
The spark is VERY strong when I ground the wire to metal, I will pull plug and see what happens then. This site can be very helpful If you just look around and ask questions somebody has the answer I think Its GREAT.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your welcome..........................
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well its me again,
I get plenty fuel and air , SOMETIMES it starts and sometimes in does not because no spark, have removed the spark plug and checked for strong spark , it has a spark but does not seem enough for me so I bought new plug and try check spark by holding to metal , I get no spark , so tried old plug again and still no spark, so must have some other no spark problem, where / what should I check, remember Im kinda slow on this mechining stuff. thank you in advance for any info.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

well you have the coil / ignitor combo and the rpm limitor, if i were to guess at it i would change the coil/ignitor.............................
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you shadowman, you always have a good answer,, Now is there a diagram that would show me where coil/igniter is located? I do better with pictures. Also, some times when I would remove the plug wire then put in screw driver and check for spark it would spark 95% OF TIMES, So i thought may be loose wire.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

follow the plug wire, have you tried screwing the plug wire in more? it screws into the coil but anyways where the plug wire disapears under that metel cover thats where the coil is........ignitor is part of the coil so they are 1 unit.........1 suggestion i have is if your gonna do this yourself when you order coil get a service manual for your cart you won,t regret it, it will walk you thur everything you need to do.....................try turning the coil wire in some see if that does anything...........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car