lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
crush
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question 28 degree clutch

could someone tell me the difference in a stock clutch and a 28 degree clutch for an ez-go
crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 28 degree clutch

Stock is 36 on most carts other than the workhorses or utility models. The 28 has steeper ramps than the 36 making it stay lower in the clutch or a lower gear if you will, until it shifts. Helps with the low end torque/ pulling.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Actually on the 28* clutch the ramp is not as steep but its a longer ramp. It takes longer to get to the top of the ramp, So it upshifts slower. If you use a power spring the ramp angle has little effect.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
crush
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thanks, now on this cart it is stamped with the # 28 on top of the cam, does this mean it is a 28 degree clutch ?? ok you said power spring i installed power springs in front and rear clutches. test drove the cart and did not see any differance in the stock spring to the power spring, so is this a so call (live with it) or stay away from steep hills
Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

The 28 on the cam does indicate you have that clutch. Have you thought about getting a shorter belt and trying that. I had my best luck there.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
brooklyn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
Actually on the 28* clutch the ramp is not as steep but its a longer ramp. It takes longer to get to the top of the ramp, So it upshifts slower. If you use a power spring the ramp angle has little effect.
hey Tom....what would you think in the 1/8 mile drags the 36 or the 28 and power spring or a soft spring i am running the 36 with a soft spring (i got from you ) turnin 8000rpm at the line with a 9.3 time do you think i could be any faster with the 28 with the soft spring ?
brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
crush
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yes i went to a smaller belt,did not do as well, but thanks for the help, char4lie
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
oneroadkingman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hi,did u replace the 6 plastic ramp buttons to?i changed mine i noticed a big difference.also u can take some Emory cloth and scuff up the clutch where the belt goes.good luck..
oneroadkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO