lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
cesolo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Oily sludge in vaccum line

My '96 GXT804D had an oily sludge in the vacuum line that operates the fuel pump. I replaced the line and that solved the starting problem, but I'm trying to figure out where the stuff came from. If it's crankcase oil, how did it get there?
cesolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oily sludge in vaccum line

The blow by from the crankcase operates the fuel pump. Some oil or residue may have just found its way in their due to high rpms or riding in places with steep hills and such. Had it happen before. That's the best I can come up with.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
cesolo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
The blow by from the crankcase operates the fuel pump. Some oil or residue may have just found its way in their due to high rpms or riding in places with steep hills and such. Had it happen before. That's the best I can come up with.
So the vacuum line is really venting the crankcase? Then it would be alternating between + and - pressure. That would work the fuel pump. I do have some hills and some rough trails so that would slosh the oil. And it was probably overfilled sometimes before I got it. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I see you live in " cold country "! The sludge is caused by the warm oil vapors reacting with the cold air in the tube. It just needs to be cleaned out from time to time.
Your engines breathing system will also suffer from this, and will need the same maintenance! Driving the cart until fully warmed up can also help prevent the formation of goo. The heat will allow the moisture to evaporate instead of depositing in the tube.
Changing your oil more often in the Winter isn't a bad idea, either!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
cesolo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I see you live in " cold country "! The sludge is caused by the warm oil vapors reacting with the cold air in the tube. It just needs to be cleaned out from time to time.
Your engines breathing system will also suffer from this, and will need the same maintenance! Driving the cart until fully warmed up can also help prevent the formation of goo. The heat will allow the moisture to evaporate instead of depositing in the tube.
Changing your oil more often in the Winter isn't a bad idea, either!
Okay, that all makes sense. The cart that I used to have was a 2-cycle with a missing oil injector so I just used mixed gas. Never had to worry about a fuel pump or clogged vacuum lines.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO