lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 ignition coil

no it wouldn,t, theres no real bench test for the coil, ignitor or limitor as they go bad in so many different ways, the service manual tells you to put a known good part in and if that cures it leave the new part in..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
no it wouldn,t, theres no real bench test for the coil, ignitor or limitor as they go bad in so many different ways, the service manual tells you to put a known good part in and if that cures it leave the new part in..........................
I will update if a new coil does the trick...one 'issue' at a time but i got plans for this cart and this place is beginning to give me the bug
buoymarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

The kill micro-switch would keep the ignitor from firing? i probably need to re-evaluate...i'll study the wiring diagram and find out what yr this cart is..

Last edited by buoymarker; 01-22-2012 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: oops
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there should be a plate on lower dash about center of cart......the 1st two #,s are the year..............................
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
there should be a plate on lower dash about center of cart......the 1st two #,s are the year..............................
it's a AG9619. i put the coil back on and tried it again with the wire off and nothing. I noticed the coil itself has a small crack in it and looks like something melted coming out of it from the bottom, the white part has the crack that leads up the side a little.
is there anything that stops the coil from firing on rotation? Ive been looking at the wiring diagram and will study this more. all te microswitches are a little confusing.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok you have a 96 now we need to find if its early 96 or late 96.....early 96 has ignitor/rpm limitor and coil and late 96 has just rpm limitor and coil..........if your coil is cracked replace it that should solve problem....................
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
ok you have a 96 now we need to find if its early 96 or late 96.....early 96 has ignitor/rpm limitor and coil and late 96 has just rpm limitor and coil..........if your coil is cracked replace it that should solve problem....................
thats the thing that has me a lil'confounded at this stage...where/what is the difference. i was looking on ebay for this coil for AG9619 CC..

thanks Scottyb
Old 01-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

late 96 isn,t going to have a stand alone ignitor...............the ignitor is built into the coil so you won,t find it bolted to the back of the bracket that holds the rpm limitor on............................
Old 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
buoymarker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
late 96 isn,t going to have a stand alone ignitor...............the ignitor is built into the coil so you won,t find it bolted to the back of the bracket that holds the rpm limitor on............................
thanks shadowman...
Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your welcome.......................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car