lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Motor Conversion

http://yamahagolfcar.com/partsandservice/default.aspx#\\

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Some have tried to machine the cover for a bushing or weld it up and machine it back out, but it is not that easy to do. I would pull it out.

I don't know what acceptable side play in the rod is. If it moved up down like that it would have broke the rod by now I would guess. But putting bearings in the rod is not that big a deal anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
crowsnest
Not Yet Wild

Awesome!..Thanks again...I think I will definitely give it a try. I had a friend drop off an old Harley Cart motor today as well..it was free so the price was right..Obviously a way diff setup but I certainly appreciated it.pretty clean motor..Turns out its a 1978 from what I gather. I also pulled off the connecting rod bearing to find that it was pretty much non existent. Very thin and grooved. The crank seems to be in pretty decent shape. I ordered a new bearing hoping it will eliminate most of the play and at least give us a few good years at least. Piston and cylinder both look great as well as all the gears and whatnot, however theres a small thin piece of metal..like an oil slinger I guess you could call it that hangs down and was broken and laying in the bottom of the case. anyone know what this is called?..or maybe a part number?..Figured I would order it as well while I'm at it. Anything else I should look for or possibly order while I'm in there?..Think this will take enough of the play out to last awhile?..I'm going to keep the balancer out as well..Parts should be here in a few days so with a little luck The Fat Man can still deliver it by Christmas..Thanks again for everyones help..:)
crowsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
crowsnest
Not Yet Wild

When i said I ordered the Rod Bearing I was refering to the G2 not the AMF..I can see how that could have gotten misinterpreted..lol
Old 12-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If the bearing was damaged,make sure you check the crankpin for wear,and/or being out of round.You will need a Micrometer or Vernier-Caliper.If the crank has any damage,a new bearing will not last long.If you can't check it,take it to a small-engine shop,automotive engine shop,or a machine-shop,and get their opinion.A few bucks to have it checked can save alot of frustration.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #16
crowsnest
Not Yet Wild

Everything seemed to be fine,,I will def give it a look in the am though to be sure..:)
Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

res a small thin piece of metal..like an oil slinger I guess you could call it that hangs down

J38-11657-00-00 SPLASHER, OIL
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You absolutely must have the oil slinger, its the only oil pump in the engine! And mounted properly. Also put rings in it at the least and hone it. It should be checked for diameter and wear (egg shape) but rings/hone are better than nothing. You still have to measure it to determine ring size. The oil ring goes bad first in these then they burn oil and still run.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
crowsnest
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for you're replies!...Everything looked to be fine beyond the crank bearing...Decided to leave the balancer out rather than try to fix it...The oil slinger was indeed broken and laying in the bottom of the case.. We tried a temporary fix since we were out of time to order parts. Cart started and ran perfectly for awhile before eventually hearing a metal on metal type screetch...We assume the slinger has broken off again and quit lubing the piston and cylinder...We actually pulled the plug, manually poured a tiny bit of oil in walagh...No screetch..lol... We will of course check the piston,rings and cylinder once we take it back out to put on the new oil slinger...Anything else we should look for?..Really hoping we have this thing whipped!...Would any one happen to know a part number from Yamaha or maybe know the cheapest place to order?..Thanks again for all you're help and Happy Holiday's!!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

pm me your location and i will send you one for FREE.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha