lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default G1 rings update

Hello, will i just took my top end off of my g1 again to check the rings,and i missed up, i installed the rings flat side up on both, i read some post that the bevel goes up, will i broke one and the gasket missed up, so im going to order some good rings, i will buy yamaha rings they say there good, hopefully it will have good comp installed the right way? Should this help the compression? and were can i buy a ring comp to install them?thanks
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 rings update

I dont use a ring compressor as such. I've always used nylon zip ties then just cut them off when the piston enters the jug!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

A Hose Clamp works slick.Snug it onto the piston,with the edge of the upper-ring showing(barely),then push the jug down,loosen the clamp a touch as the ring enters the bore,then reset the clamp,and repeat for the second-ring.Works like a charm,It can be easier with 2 people.We have some blocks we use on the Bike-Motors,to hold the piston upright,and at TDC,so there is more room for fingers,and the rod doesn't try to go up/down.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #4
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
a hose clamp works slick.snug it onto the piston,with the edge of the upper-ring showing(barely),then push the jug down,loosen the clamp a touch as the ring enters the bore,then reset the clamp,and repeat for the second-ring.works like a charm,it can be easier with 2 people.we have some blocks we use on the bike-motors,to hold the piston upright,and at tdc,so there is more room for fingers,and the rod doesn't try to go up/down.hope this helps.
hello, can i just take the piston off the arm and put it thru the top and hooked it back up?
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

No,If you remove the piston from the rod,you more than likely won't be able to get the wrist-pin back in without a ring popping out.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha