lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Jeff H
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me G1 with a couple of questions

Hi everyone, this is my first of many posts on this site.

I recently acquired a mid 80s G1 in fair shape but the engine and drive train look to be in good serviceable shape. The body is so so and some of the sheet metal is rusted through. I'll get some pictures up soon but in the mean time, I have a couple of engine related questions.

1) It is pretty loud. There doesn't appear to be any exhaust leaks, but it is louder than most other golf carts I see. Is this normal? can it be inexpensively fixed?

2) It still has the stock oil injector system on it but the previous owner put premixed fuel in it so the engine is getting a ton of oil and smokes like a freight train. Once I flush the tank out, What is the preferred method of testing the stock oil injector to make sure it is working correctly or is it not worth the hassle and just stick with 80:1 premix?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I rebuild this thing, in the mean time I have a few stickies to read.

Anything else I should look out for?
Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me G1 with a couple of questions

If you don't know if the stock oil injector system works, don't risk it. You can really do some damage in a short time with no oil.

Premix: I run 80:1 seems pretty good. Manual says 150:1 on the injector system, but I'm not that brave...lol

Give is a good tune up, check the drive belt and clutches for wear. Another thing is to make sure the clutch weights are free and not wobbly, just a little lube on the pivots, and a tad bit on the sliding surfaces of the shaft.

Belt is a big one, a worn belt will drive like crap. For the price, I'd just get a new one to be safe. But 1 1/16" is the min.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me G1 with a couple of questions

Yup, what slonomo said!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha