lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
Go4snypr
Not Yet Wild

Default 81 engine rebuild input.

Ok, I have a 1981 G1. I put a new top end in it last year, this year its toast. The bottom end probably went shortly after the rebuild. So the mechanic I took it too this time around says there is metal shavings on the piston, there is excessive play in the the piston and excessive play in the crank. I put a plowman muffler on it as well as the plowman top end, ran me over 1k canadian a year a go. So here I sit with no running cart and trying to decide if its worth a full rebuild after doing the top end a year ago. I would need an oversized piston, new rings, crank bearing, crank seals, possibly new crank shaft (I imagine I will have to put a caliper on it once it is out) , wrist pin, and have to get the new pot honed out... any input would be great. pretty disappointed....
Go4snypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #2
plowman
Getting Wild

Default Re: 81 engine rebuild input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4snypr View Post
Ok, I have a 1981 G1. I put a new top end in it last year, this year its toast. The bottom end probably went shortly after the rebuild. So the mechanic I took it too this time around says there is metal shavings on the piston, there is excessive play in the the piston and excessive play in the crank. I put a plowman muffler on it as well as the plowman top end, ran me over 1k canadian a year a go. So here I sit with no running cart and trying to decide if its worth a full rebuild after doing the top end a year ago. I would need an oversized piston, new rings, crank bearing, crank seals, possibly new crank shaft, wrist pin, and have to get the new pot honed out... any input would be great. pretty disappointed....
I tell every one that calls me to do the motor right, but 1 of ten do they take their chances with a top end muffler seals and jets, the crankshafts are worn out on every G1 motor on this planet unless they were never driven (yea right) they are 40 years old ! extremely well built the years are the proof, but they will eventually fail and when they do it will take all the rest of the motor with it.so on that old of motor either do it right or do it twice! or any motor as far as that goes. it is unfortunate that you are in Canada as that would of cost you 30% more not to mention costly shipping,Canadians get bent over for every thing they buy here or there, if you decide to do the motor properly call me and i will help you out as good as i can.
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #3
Go4snypr
Not Yet Wild

Mr Plowman. Forward me your number and I will call, though I am sure you heard enough from me last spring lol. I am in Saskatchewan and purchased your top end kit last year. Evidentally the bottom end should have been done too. Not sure I want to tackle it though. I dont think I have the right tools to split the case and put it back together.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #4
plowman
Getting Wild

8107361100. just pull it out and send it to me i will get it back to you within a week.
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:45 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
8107361100. just pull it out and send it to me i will get it back to you within a week.
That is an incredible turn around!! 👏 I sent an ezgo engine to Georgia, took over 2 months.

Plowmans it top notch! And what a great personal offer. OP I hope you take him up on it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #6
Go4snypr
Not Yet Wild

I sent you a message via text. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:48 AM   #7
bradwulf20
Not Yet Wild

Plowman, what do you get for a complete rebuild on a G1 engine? You can text me at 605-359-5236 as well.
bradwulf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha