lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 gas wiring diagram

I'm in need of a service manual or wiring diagram for a 2001 Ezgo golf cart. I have intermittent spark and weak spark. I have replaced the ignition coil with no luck. The ones I find here don't seem to be correct. They are showing the red primary coil as battery. I have checked several running carts of the same year and the white is battery while cranking and the red is breaking ground to fire the secondary. Any help is appreciated.
Skydivertony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 gas wiring diagram

I have the wiring diagram and it is the same as the one posted here. Not making much sense but i'll figure it out
Old 04-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
SmokeyJoe65
Not Yet Wild

This help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXT Wiring.jpg (76.6 KB, 0 views)
SmokeyJoe65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:47 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

First place i would look for an intermittent fault would be at the connectors for the coil and the pulser. These are known to suffer from corrosion and poor connectivity.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 05:17 AM   #5
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe65 View Post
This help?
What the wiring diagram doesn't show is...
The red wire coming off the ignitor turns to white at the plug and goes to the negative coil. And the red at the coil goes to the pulsar. Wired backwards than a car.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:19 AM   #6
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
First place i would look for an intermittent fault would be at the connectors for the coil and the pulser. These are known to suffer from corrosion and poor connectivity.
I have a pulsar for it but haven't been able to get back to the job (I'm pretty busy). But I am now sure that it where the problem is. Once I get back to it I'll post the fix.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:50 AM   #7
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydivertony View Post
I have a pulsar for it but haven't been able to get back to the job (I'm pretty busy). But I am now sure that it where the problem is. Once I get back to it I'll post the fix.
I'll be following this thread for your results. I'm working with one that has driven me up a tree. I've already replaced and gapped the pulsar coil, taken the coil off and placed it on another cart .. it ran fine there. The ignitor, I have replaced TWICE with new aftermarket because they were cheap. NEITHER WORKED ! Then I was told that the aftermarket were wired different, so I tried that. Still no spark. All grounds are as clean as the driven snow, and all connections are good. Currently, I am waiting for delivery of a THIRD ignitor, but this time I'm spending the bucks and going with EzGo OEM, and keeping my fingers crossed. If I had a cart available to look at, I'd like to know if the wires on the OEM ignitor are supposed to match the color of the wires at the harness. I've heard different views, and the wiring diagran isn't specific, leading me to believe they should match. Also, my coil isnt designated polarity on the primary terminals, and when I ran it on another cart, makes no difference if you swap white and red ... runs just as good either way.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:16 PM   #8
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
... If I had a cart available to look at, I'd like to know if the wires on the OEM ignitor are supposed to match the color of the wires at the harness. I've heard different views, and the wiring diagran isn't specific, leading me to believe they should match. Also, my coil isnt designated polarity on the primary terminals, and when I ran it on another cart, makes no difference if you swap white and red ... runs just as good either way.
The solid red and white wires switch at the 4-pin connector. Been that way on every stock EZGO gas pre-MCI cart I have worked on. I have also found that it doesn't make a difference to which post on the coil they are connected.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #9
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
The solid red and white wires switch at the 4-pin connector. Been that way on every stock EZGO gas pre-MCI cart I have worked on. I have also found that it doesn't make a difference to which post on the coil they are connected.
That's kind of my point. If the ignition coil is polarity neutral, then why cross them at the 4 pin Molex plug ?
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:17 AM   #10
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
That's kind of my point. If the ignition coil is polarity neutral, then why cross them at the 4 pin Molex plug ?
Exactly... I've been an Auto technician for over 45 years now. This threw me a curve ball.
I just finished a troublesome 36V cart so I'll be getting back to this one soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO