lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha drive stereo amp issues, please help

I have a 2014 Yamaha drive(gas) , here is my issue. I just installed a stereo amp to power one subwoofer, I also put in a new battery thinking it was the issue. The amp will turn on and then once you go to drive the cart the amp goes into protection mode. Any idea what’s causing this? I’ve ran a way more powerful system on one of my G1’s with a standard car battery.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks Bryan
bryguy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2021, 05:52 AM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha drive stereo amp issues, please help

What is the min/max operating voltage of your amp? I have read that some amps don't like the charging voltage of the car while running which can go as high as 16 volts.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
dsbunton646
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha drive stereo amp issues, please help

I had the same issues on my 2007. It's over charging most likely. I tried a new VR a few times but it didn't solve anything. I just recently purchased an adjustable old style VR. After some tweaking on it, I've got it around 14.5 volts under half throttle or better. I haven't had a chance to reinstall the amps after going over all the wiring etc.... to test it but I feel confident it will solve the problem unless I've already damaged them internally from constantly getting 16+ volts while riding around.
dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha