lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
DEW
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel pump hook up

What does the fuel pump hook up to on the engine to get it pumping? I know how to hook it to the carb but where else do I hook it up? I have a '89 Carry All with a 2001 287cc motor. I think this is the correct year for the motor but do not know for sure. Thanks for the help.
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel pump hook up

Yes 89 had the old flathead engine 3 lines to the fuel pump are in /out fuel and the od one usually on the bottom goes to the engine crankcase. The engine builds pressure when the piston goes up and down to pressure the pump
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes 89 had the old flathead engine 3 lines to the fuel pump are in /out fuel and the od one usually on the bottom goes to the engine crankcase. The engine builds pressure when the piston goes up and down to pressure the pump
Can we put on a electric pump?
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i have an electric pump on my 85', i assumed it was stock b/c our spare cart had the same setup?
jsahara24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Im pretty sure you can run an elec one....prb isn't much different then any other engine converting to a elec from a manual and or vacumm
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With an electric pump you need to find one to run very low pressure, I had to regulate the one I had down to 1 pound of pressure before it would stop overwhelming the float valve. Then you need to either put it on a switch or better rig a micro switch off of the throttle linkage to fire up the pump when needed....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car