lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
uphome outdoors
Not Yet Wild

Default Not trying to start a war!

I am in the market on trying to make an electric hunting buggie. All I hear is that club car is better and then I ask someone else and all I hear is Ezgo is the best. I was wondering what is the better cart for the money. I will be lifting it if that makes a difference or not
uphome outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: Not trying to start a war!

EZGO
Actually I would maybe go club car

Get a 48volt
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
uphome outdoors
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I am getting that alot. I guess there is no loyalty left here
uphome outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

cc & ez-go are ok but YAMAHA is the best!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphome outdoors View Post
Yeah I am getting that alot. I guess there is no loyalty left here
ok I changed my mind. EZGO all the way!
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yammi!!!!
TimKarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think the Yamaha are best IMHO, but really they are not all that different except some design issues like the aluminum CC frame, the straight axle EZGO front end, the A arm yamaha front. EZGO used to be cheaper and simpler, but thats not always bad for modding. They do have the most parts available for building up and tend to look good. I never liked the CC driving position as well, but they do ride smooth stock. Obviously you can't weld on the frame easily and some lifts/swaps are more complex on them, but the frame will never rust. Some of the old ones the engine runs backwards. The EZGO some have a weak steering system when you lift them, the yamaha all seem to get wiring issues at some point but at least the cost is low to fix. There are other things better or worse to each. I don't know what I would say, I guess if you want to mod the heck out of one the EZGO would be easiest due to all the parts you can get, CC has a loyal following and the Kaw motors are good if you stay stock, The yamaha are durable and I like how they drive best. Some of the yamaha you can't get over 22 maybe 23s on them without some extra work due to the rear bumper and frame. It really depends on what you are going to do with it, but hard to go wrong with those 'best of brand' carts. Now if you get some off brand cart then who knows what you get. These three you can easily look up near anything you want to know about them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I think the Yamaha are best IMHO, but really they are not all that different except some design issues like the aluminum CC frame, the straight axle EZGO front end, the A arm yamaha front. EZGO used to be cheaper and simpler, but thats not always bad for modding. They do have the most parts available for building up and tend to look good. I never liked the CC driving position as well, but they do ride smooth stock. Obviously you can't weld on the frame easily and some lifts/swaps are more complex on them, but the frame will never rust. Some of the old ones the engine runs backwards. The EZGO some have a weak steering system when you lift them, the yamaha all seem to get wiring issues at some point but at least the cost is low to fix. There are other things better or worse to each. I don't know what I would say, I guess if you want to mod the heck out of one the EZGO would be easiest due to all the parts you can get, CC has a loyal following and the Kaw motors are good if you stay stock, The yamaha are durable and I like how they drive best. Some of the yamaha you can't get over 22 maybe 23s on them without some extra work due to the rear bumper and frame. It really depends on what you are going to do with it, but hard to go wrong with those 'best of brand' carts. Now if you get some off brand cart then who knows what you get. These three you can easily look up near anything you want to know about them.

Good answer
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Lifted
Gone Wild

Personally, I love all 3. I own a club car and yamaha. CC in 36v, yamaha in 48v. For their uses, they preform the way I want. No complaints. I've ridden/driven countless ezgo's and never once did I think it wasnt as good as a Yamaha or CC.

For hunting, in my neck of the woods anyway, you'll definitely want a 48v. Probably lifted with larger tires. A utility bed wouldnt hurt. But, its your cart. Build it how you want.

Good luck and have fun.
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I know nothing about electric carts and don't want to until I have to. I lean more towards big blocks in my interests because I trail ride and don't want to keep track of how many hours I'm out there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts