lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What to do first?

Just wondering what to do first. I dont really need more top end speed, mainly torque. I would prob. be happy with what little topend I get from upgrading for more torque. I have pics of my txt on the welcome forum, will post more in the am. It has a lift, 6" i think, 4g wires and the prev. owner said he upgraded solenoid. I definatly want to start with cheapest options first. Any sugestions would be great, thanks. Oh yea its a series cart..

Last edited by z_kyzar; 04-23-2011 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: forgot to add type of cart
z_kyzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: What to do first?

If you want torque then you have one choice. New controller. 400 amp or above. Amps = torque Voltage = speed. Welcome BGW!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to do first?

Would the stock motor be ok with a 400 or 500 amp controller? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In a series cart you can run a 500 amp controller with the stock motor. But you will need to up size 13 cables and the F&R switch to handle the increased amperage
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The proper order would be 2 gauge Cables (based on 500a controller) and Heavy Duty F&R Switch Cam or new HD switch. This lays the pathways for the increased amperage to come when you get the controller/solenoid pkg.

1st thing is make sure your batteries are healthy enough for the upgrades.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure on batteries, they are 09models and they are not trojans or any other name brand I have ever seen. Im sure the prev owner got the cheapest posible. But I cant turn loose money right away for a controller, just did get the money pryed from my wife to buy the cart. Im gonna have to use it as is and do small upgrades first. I noticed today that he did not replace all of the cables from the stock 6g. Only the battery cables and the two main cables from batteries. Im guessing that all the cables, except charger/micro wiring, needs to be upgraded?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PDS carts came stock with 4g from motor A1 and A2 so you just need to upgrade pos and neg to solenoid and controller and battery pack cables to complete the job. 8 pcs total.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #8
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb.

Tags
controler, f/r switch, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO